Hayfever Tips

wilbrabeany

Mum to two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Has anyone got any pregnancy safe tips for Hayfever as i'm really suffering with the high pollen count at the moment and cant take my usual medication as its not advised during pregnancy, please please please its driving me nuts!!!:hissy:

Ive not got any advice hun but will be really interested to see what everyone says as im really suffering too! Had an injection for the last 4 years as the tablets wouldnt touch it but cant get that this year. I know how you feel and its horrible :hissy:

:hugs: :hugs:

I join the club, as this year I am breastfeeding!!!

HIya I am suffering really bad too :sick:
I asked at the pharmacy if there was anything i could take and they said no, but I found HayMax, it's a little tub with stuff you put on your nose to keep pollen out, a fad I thought but it has taken the edge off a little bit and thats better than nothing!!
You get it in boots xxx

HIya I am suffering really bad too :sick:
I asked at the pharmacy if there was anything i could take and they said no, but I found HayMax, it's a little tub with stuff you put on your nose to keep pollen out, a fad I thought but it has taken the edge off a little bit and thats better than nothing!!
You get it in boots xxx

Fads i can do, i'm so desperate, just walked the dogs and i thought i was gonna wet myself i sneezed so much. I'll toddle off to boots tomorrow. Thanks hun.xx

I have haymax as well since last year and have the impression it helps a little bit :hi:

but still atm, with this sunny wheather it's really bad!!!

I would see your GP. I read somewhere that there is a hayfever tab you can use, but it causes drowsiness. GP may be able to help there, if not GP will be able to goive advice.
good luck

Im suffering too and Im breastfeeding. Not sure what to take.

xxx

Well ive only just started suffering since falling pregnant but exactly the same happened to my mum she suffered only while pregnant!!

ill have a look in boots at lunch!!

x

the problem is everybody says something different. one GP says Flixonase is okay, the other says it's not okay!!! to be on the safe side, I just don't take anything!

what I found helped last year as well is putting a wet clothes or tissue in front of the nose :hi:

I've just been to the pharmacy and she said that pregnant ladies can have piriton but it needs to be agreed by GP and it does make you drowsy, which would be fine for me as night time is the worst and i cant sleep. But i think i'm going to the docs, or i'll ask my consultant when i see her on Thursday, if she can give me anything.xx

I have terrible hayfever and allergies to dust and hair...and all the way through pregnancy and now breastfeeding have been using Beconase Nasal Spray and Opticrom Eyedrops...thats their names in the UK..not sure if they are called that everywhere...my doc said they were fine to use, so maybe they would help? I particularly find the eye drops really good if Im having an attack :)

This is my 3rd year in a row not being able to take any meds. Summer 06 - pregnant - summer 07 breastfeeding..and now up the duff again. My eyes are the worst. I had to go into Specsavers on Sat to ask for a container and solution so I could take my contact lenses out. then I had to get home hardly able to see. Just as well I don't drive! Every year hayfever ruins my birthday as I'm sat there with stuffy runny eyes! (even when I have been able to take medication)
I've tried the Haymax and changing clothes as soon as I get home etc etc. I don't even make use of the lush weather and still tumble dry my clothes so they don't get covered in pollen. If these are working I dread to think what it would be like if I wasn't doing these things.

Roll on autumn

Woe is me ;oD

I have terrible hayfever and allergies to dust and hair...and all the way through pregnancy and now breastfeeding have been using Beconase Nasal Spray :)

I was taken off this when i told my doctor I was ttc as was told it was bad for baby then and now I'm in the first trimester have been told that i definately can't take it. Just been suffering really bad in silence!!

I have heard that locally produced honey is supposed to help as you are ingesting the pollen gradually & your body gets used to it. Haven't tried it but thought it was worth a mention:hugs:

hi, no tips here, but just wantd to say I'm suffering too! It's not been too bad this year (perhaps stopping BCP helped?) but hayfever season goes up to August for me, so who knows.
I'm TTC now and yesterday I very stupidly drank grapefruit juice (which is supposed to increase CM), and it just made my nose run like a water tap ALL DAY! it was horrible! :sad2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->