Hayfever

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
I have been suffering with bad hayfever the last few summers and have always been able to rely on benadryl. Now that I'm pregnant I'm told by the pharmacist that I can't be given any antehistamines. Does anyone know of anything that can help that won't harm my baby?

Hi hon, I had to come in here and reply to this as I really sympathise with you. I take an antihistamine every day, every summer as I really get bad hayfever. The year I was pg it was awful as I couldn't take anything for it. I went to a homeopathic place and they said I could take pollena (I think) after I was 12 weeks but it didn't help so I stopped. we bought a deioniser for the bedroom which did help at night (although your surfaces will be constantly dusty as it makes all the particles drop out of the air!) I also got a weird infrared thingy to put up my nose, I'm not convinced it made much difference though. I really sympathise with you :hugs: but I have to say I ended up just suffering through it as there's not much you can do when you can't take antihistamines :nope:

Allegedly you can take piriton, but I'd double check with a pharmacist/doc/midwife first....

You can also do all the old tricks, like not drying any of your washing outside, and putting some Vaseline around your nose to catch pollen before you breathe it in...

GP said if need be there is oral, nasal and eye drops that can be used during pregnancy. Id talk to your dr about it!

I asked about this when I first saw my midwife and she said Piriton was fine to take. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->