Hcg after d and c

MorgansMom09

Reaction score
Well another loss on my belt this year. Was at my 8 week appointment when we learned there was no heartbeat and that my levels went from 2561 to 234 in 10 days. One week later had a d and c done on 10/19. Yesterday had a blood draw and it was 171.5. how can my numbers drop so slowly after the d and c when they dropped so fast before. What's going on? Has anyone else had this happen? Im so hurt and just want to move on. This is my fourth loss in 2 years, 3 of which have been in the last 8 months. Durring all of my other miscarriages my numbers were back at 0 within a week. And I was 4 weeks farther along in one of those.

Also should note doctor estimated that it stopped growing around 5 weeks

First off let me say that I'm extremely sorry about your loss. I've had three myself and each one more painful than the next. Two of my losses were D&Cs. After the first D&C I bounced back quickly and my levels dropped after 2 weeks. With my second D&C, I went in at 4 weeks after a positive pregnancy test with hcg levels of 52 only to find an empty uterus on ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a new pregnancy. My second beta 4 days later was 48 so they were dropping, just very slowly. My third miscarriage was natural and it took me 5 months for my cycles to regulate themselves so yes, especially in the case of multiple miscarriages, it can take some time. I'm so sorry I couldn't give you a better answer... just wanted to share my experience and let you know that I understand completely how you feel :hugs: It was very frustrating TTC after my third miscarriage because it took so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->