HCG and progesterone levels

mamanurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

7/8 dpi my progesterone levels where a whopping 72. I never could confirm my ovulation even though I used opk but on a Saturday (sept 10, cd16) i had a negative reading and Sunday (sept 11, cd17) I had a darker reading (still negative) that got lighter later in the afternoon. I simply assumed I missed a crazy quick surge between Saturday night and Sunday. I had my progesterone drawn on sept 20th (cd 26, and what I assumed maybe 8dpo)- found out the reading was 72.

Happy about a nice high reading, I had my first hcg drawn yesterday and the result is
Hcg: 365
Progesterone: 187.3

I'm kind of upset my hcg is so low? I figured at nearly 5 weeks since my lmp (aug 26) it would be higher? I know I ovulated a little later (I guess around cd 17-18) and yesterday at my draw I would have been between 17-18 dpo. I just hear of women having hcgs in the high 900's or more by 4-5 weeks and even though my progesterone is high I was really hoping for a better hcg.

Thoughts? Advice? Any experience with this stuff? This is my first time :shrug: and all I do is worry about blighted bound and miscarriages and I have zero reason to even suspect that right now! I'm my own worst enemy!

My hcg was 444 at 17dpo and my progesterone was only 11. I had to be put on progesterone with it being so low. But I'm now 13wk5d and so far so good. :)

Will they do another hcg draw? That will tell you if your numbers are rising correctly.

There is such a wide range of HCG and you are well within that range for 17-18 dpo. It is more about the doubling time than just one HCG number. Your next draw in 48 hours will definitely tell you more. If you aren't totally sure when you ovulated or implanted, even a day or so can make a big difference in HCG, especially this early. Your progesterone level is great though! I had mine done at 16 DPO and my progesterone level was 40 (ng/mL), with an HCG of 760, so 187 (I am assuming this is in nmol/L) should be very comforting to you!

There is such a wide range of HCG and you are well within that range for 17-18 dpo. It is more about the doubling time than just one HCG number. Your next draw in 48 hours will definitely tell you more. If you aren't totally sure when you ovulated or implanted, even a day or so can make a big difference in HCG, especially this early. Your progesterone level is great though! I had mine done at 16 DPO and my progesterone level was 40 (ng/mL), with an HCG of 760, so 187 (I am assuming this is in nmol/L) should be very comforting to you!

Yes this is in nmol/L which converts to I think 58.8 in ng/mL. Of course this was the month I never got a positive opk but I got my bfp 😄

Thanks for sharing! It's crazy how much of a range hcg can be, almost frustrating! My obgyn does not seem concerned yet but hoping for a nice redraw!

I wouldn't be concerned just yet. Your HCG seems within a normal range. I just got a BFP at the doctor's office yesterday which completely caught me off guard! HUGE surprise. But they sent me for blood work right after because I had a MMC last time and they want to monitor me.

They didn't tell me how far along I was, but I estimated that I am right at 4 weeks (maybe even less than that) and my first beta was 241. I'm trying not to freak myself out and remain calm and positive. Lots of prayers that it keeps rising!

I wouldn't be concerned just yet. Your HCG seems within a normal range. I just got a BFP at the doctor's office yesterday which completely caught me off guard! HUGE surprise. But they sent me for blood work right after because I had a MMC last time and they want to monitor me.

They didn't tell me how far along I was, but I estimated that I am right at 4 weeks (maybe even less than that) and my first beta was 241. I'm trying not to freak myself out and remain calm and positive. Lots of prayers that it keeps rising!

Congrats!!! Huge surprise but what a wonderful one! Isn't it silly that we pine over the elusive bfp and once we do suddenly we are even more worried and anxious?!

241 sounds awesome at 4 weeks or less! if it makes you feel any better I think everyone worries themselves crazy right up until that baby is in your arms!

Looks like A June baby for you and me should everything stay on the right track :thumbup:

Congrats!!! Huge surprise but what a wonderful one! Isn't it silly that we pine over the elusive bfp and once we do suddenly we are even more worried and anxious?!

241 sounds awesome at 4 weeks or less! if it makes you feel any better I think everyone worries themselves crazy right up until that baby is in your arms!

Looks like A June baby for you and me should everything stay on the right track :thumbup:

Congrats to you as well!! How right you are! I was starting to think there was something wrong with me and that something went wrong with my D&C, which is why I was at the doctor's, but they ended up telling me I had a positive pregnancy test. Now I start to worry again! HA!

We can obsess and worry together! :winkwink: We really are so close together! I think my EDD would be beginning of June. Let's hope everything goes smoothly for us.

Congrats to you as well!! How right you are! I was starting to think there was something wrong with me and that something went wrong with my D&C, which is why I was at the doctor's, but they ended up telling me I had a positive pregnancy test. Now I start to worry again! HA!

We can obsess and worry together! :winkwink: We really are so close together! I think my EDD would be beginning of June. Let's hope everything goes smoothly for us.

Hey kaybear!

So I had a second hcg draw yesterday (Monday oct 3). Dr said to get a second one "sometime this week" and naturally I go asap Monday morning ha.

My second levels are 1496 which is consistent with a doubling factor every 48 hours. I'm happy to finally see a higher number, albeit lower than some people around here it's quadruple what it was 4 days ago and that is comforting.

I thought I would let you know, I hope you are doing well!

Mama - that's great! Thanks for letting me know! :) I'm so happy your numbers are doubling!

I've been going for blood work every 48 hours as well. Here are my beta:

4wk - 241
4wk 2d - 578
4wk 4d - 1171

Mine have been doubling too! I go tomorrow for another beta test and then I have an ultrasound on Thursday. I've been experiencing brown spotting the last couple of days though so I'm just freaking out and really worried. I'm hoping it's nothing! They are monitoring me closely due to my MC last time, which is good, but I can't help but be a nervous wreck!

My beta was 664 at 4w6d. I also thought that was on the lower end of the spectrum for how far along I was, but everything was fine. It's hard not to compare your levels to everyone else's (some of whom are in the thousands as they approach 5 weeks), but it's important to remember that the only values you should compare the results to are your own. Doubling time matters most at this stage, so a single value tells you little aside from the fact that you are actually pregnant. If you're curious about where you fall on the scale of "average" levels, though, then you should check out: Betabase.info

This website was very helpful for me when I was nervous about my levels in the beginning. Best of luck to you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->