HCG level dropped - nurse said too early?

Erin2lee

Reaction score
conceived on April 8th, so calculating from conception date I'm barely 4 weeks. Discovered spotting, went to ER and Doctor, did blood test and HCG was at 67, then 158 then dropped to 82. Went to ultrasound today first time at OB/GYN she said she see the sac but it may still be too early. Base on seeing the trend she said it's not good. Well, my blood test hasn't come back with result yet. Nurse called me to let me know maybe back by tomorrow, which usually result comes back within 1 hour at Kaiser. She also said I maybe too early and HCG level does rise, drop and rise again in the beginning stage of pregnancy. I'm having pregnancy symptoms now, tired, stomach bloated, vomit after food, sensitive smell and nipple soreness. Cervix is closed. Any opinions? Does HCG really rise, drop and rise again in the early pregnancy? Is it way too early? Anyone had this before or any opinions would help? I'm going back for another HCG in 2 days. Appreciate any comments! Thank you in advance!!!!

You're probably around 6 weeks if you conceived on April 8th. It's not too early to see anything, and although it might be possible, on this forum I've only seen sad outcomes with HCG going up and down. I hope I'm wrong though, good luck for tomorrow's results.

Fingers crossed for you ❤️ I never had my hcg drop but at 5 and 1 my hcg was 15,641 and we only saw a gestational sac

Concieving on the 8th would put you at over 6 weeks and I have to be totally honest with you that those levels are too low for 6 weeks. I will also be honest that I've never heard of hcg dropping and there being a good outcome. Not sure why a nurse would say that to you, seems pretty poor advice and as far as I'm aware also totally untrue. That drop is almost half. I truly hope I'm wrong though, I'm praying things turn around for you. Hugs x

I agree with others. Your af would have been due around April 22 so if you conceived April 8th then today your more than 6 weeks like 6.5 weeks.
Also hcg should never decrease than rise again. That could indicate ectopic pregnancy. But seeing a sac is a good sign but not entirely ruled out unless nothing is in your tubes and/or a yolk sac is seen in the gestational sac. Usually in situations like yours the outcome isn't good. Sorry you're going through this :(

I am going through a similar situation. By my last LMP I am 6w +1. My HCG was 224 then 72 hours later went to 480 however 72 hours after then only went up to 570 so it didnt double. Had a scan at 5 weeks and there was a sac and had another scan today and the sac had got bigger and there was a small fetal pole however no heart beat yet. The doctor says I have a very high chance of miscarriage. I have another blood test tomorrow which will definitely give more indication. Im not giving up yet.

I just had this happen. My HCG levels dropped the 4th week. They did go up again and doubled on the slow side and were always on low normal and ended up being a blighted ovum.

I got strong positives at 22 dpo and then three days later I couldn't even get positives on most tests and got a negative urine test at the doctor on 28 dpo. Blood test showed 49 HCG but because I had dropped I was initially sent home as chemical.

Then a few days later I got solid strong positives and my HCG rose but remained always on low side of normal and on low end of doubling.

ultrsasound at 5 weeks showed nothing and at 6 weeks only a sac and at 7 weeks a smaller than normal sac with yolk sac but no fetal pole at all. Another four days later confirmed it was blighted ovum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->