HCG Level, is this normal?

lolomom

Mom of 4!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just found out I was pregnant 5 days ago. Confirmed it with 2 digitals. I'm now 14 dpo and 1 day late for AF. I am a neurotic freak so I ran my own labs at work today (I'm a physician assistant) and got a quantitative hcg of 180. Now I've done a ton of research about this and it appears to be nicely in the normal range....but I've had one miscarriage, and this pregnancy took forever to conceive, we eventually had to use clomid. So I'm super worried that it's not normal. Did anyone else have their HCG levels checked, and if so, what were they? Do you think this is okay?

Thanks! I really appreciate any input :)

I would just check again in 2 days to make sure its doubling :) HCG levels can vary a lot from woman to woman...congrats on your pregnancy :)

well my LMP was Jan 1 I did a blood test on monday and they said it was 5900+ (not sure if I remember the numbers exactly)and I am doing another blood test on wednesday to see if the levels increase I will tell u the numbers. What I do know is that the numbers should increase but you are only 1 day late for AF so give it time maybe it is showing low numbers because it's still so early. good luck ;)

My doctor ran my blood the day I was 4 weeks pregnant. They didn't give me a number, they just said it was "a positive result". Helpful.

Its different with every pregnancy. I never got my blood hcg with my 1st baby, but with my 2nd baby it was only 14 at 14 dpo! Low, but it doubled so that was all that mattered. Im preg with baby #3 and my hcg for 13dpo was 164. So quite different between #2 and #3. That low 14 hcg is my healthy 2 year old daughter.(i am sure of my dates on her too!)

darkNlovely- numbers of 5900 at 4 weeks pregnant are REALLY HIGH! Are you having twins?? The range for 4 weeks along is 40-300. Keep us posted :)

Yeah check again in a couple days to see how you're doubling. You can't go off of one number unless its REALLY low. My first HCG was 82 and the nurse freaked me out by saying it wasn't normal and the pregnancy probably wasn't viable...but my second one 48 hours later was 284 so I was more than doubling and everything was fine. Just a couple weeks later my HCG was 79,000

Braven05- you're in upstate new york? Me too! Whereabouts? I'm in the Rochester area. Weird huh? How far along were you when your hcg was 89? From everything I've seen 180 at 4 weeks pregnant is normal so I'm not sure why I'm worrying as much as I am. I'll recheck it tomorrow at work, and course worry like crazy until then.

Braven05- you're in upstate new york? Me too! Whereabouts? I'm in the Rochester area. Weird huh? How far along were you when your hcg was 89? From everything I've seen 180 at 4 weeks pregnant is normal so I'm not sure why I'm worrying as much as I am. I'll recheck it tomorrow at work, and course worry like crazy until then.

I'm in Syracuse :thumbup: I was...lets see...14 dpo? I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated because FF got a little screwed up and my cycle was longer than normal...but I was I think 14 dpo.

I'm in Syracuse :thumbup: I was...lets see...14 dpo? I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated because FF got a little screwed up and my cycle was longer than normal...but I was I think 14 dpo.

Ah good ol' Syracuse. I had good friends who lived there and just moved and my dad went to Syracuse for college. Yeah, mine was the 180 at 14 dpo...and the range I saw was 40-300 so I think we are both fine. Will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you as well :)

Ah good ol' Syracuse. I had good friends who lived there and just moved and my dad went to Syracuse for college. Yeah, mine was the 180 at 14 dpo...and the range I saw was 40-300 so I think we are both fine. Will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you as well :)

Haha, thanks...I think I'm good now! Waiting for those levels to DROP now and for the placenta to take over so I can STOP with the "morning" sickness! :dohh:

My levels went from 82 (14 dpo) to 284 (16 dpo) to 2471 (21 dpo) and at 7 weeks they were 79,000 (I had a bit of spotting so had hcg levels done at the ER). So mine started really low even though they were still in the normal range but they quickly rose and were doubling just fine. Try not to worry until you get another set done. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sounds good to me mine were 783 at 20dpo and at 23dpo 2084! I thought they were normal but compared to people on here maybe mine are low!x

ok ladies I did my 2nd blood test today and the nurse called me just now with the results.

ok so here are the number from the first one to now. This is how she read them to me.

monday results-5905 (I asked again today to be sure)
Today results-13720

it does seem high, should I be worried-the nurse told me it's very very good and I should be happy.

Darknlovely, is it possible you are farther along than what you think?? If not, then maybe twins! Although you can have high hcg levels and still have just 1 little baby in there!
Here is a good beta chart I was using at the beginning of my pregnancy. Your numbers are in the twin area, maybe even higher than it!
https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Twin
Thats the twin chart, you can also go up and click through singleton, etc

Darknlovely, is it possible you are farther along than what you think?? If not, then maybe twins! Although you can have high hcg levels and still have just 1 little baby in there!
Here is a good beta chart I was using at the beginning of my pregnancy. Your numbers are in the twin area, maybe even higher than it!
https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Twin
Thats the twin chart, you can also go up and click through singleton, etc

OMG - this is freaking me out! do they number it different in canada? i don't get why it's so high.:shrug: what am I missing and the nurse is the one that had the chart and read the numbers to me over the phone.

i will be watching this thread

Mine was 375 at 15 dpo, but they haven't said anything about doing another one :shrug: should i be??

darknlovely: you're okay!! Don't worry, your numbers are great. You may have twins in there but it could just be a high producing singleton pregnancy. When is your first scan? You'll know if you see two sacks.....keep us posted :)

1st time: I think the standard is to just check once to confirm pregnancy. If they are worried about your numbers they may check again to make sure they are rising appropriately. Your number is great for 15 dpo...don't worry.

darknlovely: you're okay!! Don't worry, your numbers are great. You may have twins in there but it could just be a high producing singleton pregnancy. When is your first scan? You'll know if you see two sacks.....keep us posted :)

1st time: I think the standard is to just check once to confirm pregnancy. If they are worried about your numbers they may check again to make sure they are rising appropriately. Your number is great for 15 dpo...don't worry.

my first will be @ 6 weeks and another @ 12weeks...

Hi my lmp was dec 1..puttin me at 3 weeks 6 days pregnant hcg levels yesterday was 627..is that high for this early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->