HCG Levels after Chemical Pregnancy. Please help

Mrsbabymaking

Reaction score
For the first time, this cycle I had a gut feeling I was pregnant. I had a sore low back, sensitive boobs, fatigue for a couple of mornings, etc. I got my first BFP ever on 13dpo. We were so excited!!
Yesterday, 17dpo I woke up, went to the toilet, and after wiping realised I was bleeding. There was quite a bit of blood icon_sad.gif I knew we had lost it. A few hours later I passed a blob of tissue which I have never seen before. It was about the size of my thumb nail, maybe a little bigger. I bleed quiet a lot yesterday. I went to the Drs for my HCG blood work and was booked in to see him tomorrow. I had cramps all night. I usually don't get cramps with my AF, and its generally light - medium flow.
Today, my bleeding as been about light - medium. The Dr rung and said I didn't need to come in tomorrow for more blood work because my HCG showed a negative result. He re confirmed that I had done a pregnancy test, and I confirmed that, and told him My luteal phase was longer, my symptoms, and the fact I passed tissue.
He said most likely I lost the pregnancy so early on that my Hcg levels had dropped right out.
Do you think this is the case? Surely it is. Is it generally possible the Hcg levels can go back to 0 that quickly?
Thanks

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

That happened to me with my first miscarriage. I got 6 (yes, six) positive home pregnancy tests, then started bleeding heavily two days later. I went into the ER still bleeding, passing a lot of clots and what not. The doctor came in and asked if I was SURE I was ever even pregnant, DH and I both said uhh unless 6 positive pregnancy tests were wrong, then yes. Doc said my urine pregnancy tests were negative, so he drew my blood and my HCG level came back at 3 (anything below 5 is considered "negative").

That happened to me with my first miscarriage. I got 6 (yes, six) positive home pregnancy tests, then started bleeding heavily two days later. I went into the ER still bleeding, passing a lot of clots and what not. The doctor came in and asked if I was SURE I was ever even pregnant, DH and I both said uhh unless 6 positive pregnancy tests were wrong, then yes. Doc said my urine pregnancy tests were negative, so he drew my blood and my HCG level came back at 3 (anything below 5 is considered "negative").

Sorry to hear about your news too. If blood still shows anything below negative (5) then wouldn't that mean that you and I were pregnant at some stage?
How long after your chemical pregnancy did you get your AF?

Yes, that is possible. It is more or less what happened to me. I lost at 17 dpo, and my dr said I didnt need to do more blood work bc my HCG level was practically 0 (didnt give the exact number, but I didnt feel the need to ask). My positive tests got lighter and lighter until one evening it was negative and then I bled the next day.
The "good" news is (and i realize that there is no truly good news) is that you should still ovulate in a couple weeks and that there is no reason to delay ttc. I had a mc 10 days ago, and we are going ttc again this cycle.

Yes, that is possible. It is more or less what happened to me. I lost at 17 dpo, and my dr said I didnt need to do more blood work bc my HCG level was practically 0 (didnt give the exact number, but I didnt feel the need to ask). My positive tests got lighter and lighter until one evening it was negative and then I bled the next day.
The "good" news is (and i realize that there is no truly good news) is that you should still ovulate in a couple weeks and that there is no reason to delay ttc. I had a mc 10 days ago, and we are going ttc again this cycle.

Sorry to hear of your loss too, seems to be very common. Thank you for your info. My temp has dropped today to af temps, so I'm wondering if I will still get af, or was the bleeding from the Chemical pregnancy enough bleeding? Im going to do OPKs everyday in a couple of days since this cycle will be a bit screwed up. Cant wait to try again, and now glad to know that we can get pregnant. Good luck to you :)

Sorry to hear about your news too. If blood still shows anything below negative (5) then wouldn't that mean that you and I were pregnant at some stage?
How long after your chemical pregnancy did you get your AF?

Yes, I know I was pregnant. I'm sure you were, too. I didn't get AF for like 4 months after that happened, but I had two more later miscarriages and got AF on schedule 30 days afterwords.

Sorry to hear of your loss too, seems to be very common. Thank you for your info. My temp has dropped today to af temps, so I'm wondering if I will still get af, or was the bleeding from the Chemical pregnancy enough bleeding? Im going to do OPKs everyday in a couple of days since this cycle will be a bit screwed up. Cant wait to try again, and now glad to know that we can get pregnant. Good luck to you :)

And if it is as comforting, or provides hope, I had an ectopic 3 years ago, where I lost a tube, had an ovary diseccted, and it required two surgeries. My two year old, who was concieved 2 1/2 months later (and our first cycle trying) is now running around as I type this. I think our bodies bounce back rather quickly!

Everything will be fine. Chemical pregnancy is not a sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->