HCG levels and ovulation

mumatmadhouse

number 6 on the way!
Reaction score
Hi ladies this may sound like a silly question but am i right in thinking that you wont ovulate after a mc until all the hcg is out of your system? I had a mc 2 weeks ago and have started opk's :blush:but was thinking i should do a hpt first to make sure its now negative. What do you think? Thanks

Its possible to ovulate. But from my understanding its usually only when you have things like a chemical pregnancy or very very early term. At 8 weeks I'm not sure. I had a m/c at 5 weeks and had a normal cycle right after.

I think it would be a good idea to take another HPT, if you can handle seeing the positive that is.

thanks hun. yes its the thought of possibly seeing that bfp that has been putting me off.

Did you get the okay from your doctor to go again? I was okay to go again just because it was a chemical pregnancy so it was just like having a bad period :cry: But I have heard to wait one cycle after anything past chemical.

But honestly I never looked into it much since I wasn't at that point. :hugs:

I didn't do HPT or OPK after my M/C so don't have any super advice accept that if you don't want to see a BFP so soon after maybe just don't worry about it and have regular sex and just wait for your body to have a first cycle or if you are lucky to re-conceive on it's own. I think the rule is that HCG probably has to go down to between 0-5 for your body to begin it's cycle again and ovulate. It could be as soon as 2 weeks after your M/C.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->