HCG Levels at 6 weeks Update: not good news :( Final Update: bad news confirmed

Ramie80

Reaction score
Hello all!

I had my early scan on Tuesday and although there was clearly something there to see (a relief after my last pregnancy ended in m/c and we only found out at the 12 week scan when it showed as a big empty sac), it was only measuring 4mm and it wasnt clear if there was a h/b.

The nurse said she thought she saw something and my OH thought he saw something at the same time. I couldnt look at the screen through fear so missed it.

I had a blood test then and have just gone to have a second lot of bloods taken to compare.

It is entirely possible that my dates are out as my ovulation is rather hit and miss. I only recently got my cycles back in the last 6 months after having 2 years of only one AF every 6 months.

The HCG level was 6202 and progesterone level was fine. I know that the best guide is just what the comparison is but has anyone had a similar level at about 6 weeks?

Im worried as I dont want history to repeat itself :nope:

From what I've read about hcg levels, that seems to be within a "normal" range. Like you said, you'll have to get a 2nd number to know for sure. Good luck lady!

Well I got the results back. Hcg increased but very slightly from 6202 to6444 and progesterone dropped by 10 (unfortunately at this point I was so upset I didn't ask what the actual level was). Clinic say they are confused as to the rise in hcg but drop in progesterone. She didn't seem too concerned that the hcg hadn't gone up by much but I don't know if she was just avoiding telling me the obvious. Have a re scan on Monday so will know more then.

Had anyone had similar and it work out well? Absolutely distraught at the increasing prospect of a second m/c. Being trying for 3 yrs and really thought this was our time. Can't stop crying.

Im sorry u r going through this, will be thinking of you. Did they put on on progesterone supplements since it dropped?

No. I was just told to wait and see what the growth showed at the scan on Monday. Praying that its all fine on Monday but its not looking likely. Thank you for your thoughts x

Pls read this forum.. You are going through something I went through. Things may still be ok you never know.

https://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/mycommunity/

Hope things work out for you! Positive thoughts coming your way. :)

my hcg level at 5+6 were nearly 20,000. When your hcg is over 6000, it takes 4 days to double, not 2 days. Good luck xx

Got my second scan tomorrow. Been upset and preparing for the worst all weekend. I've read some good news stories of people in a similar position but still cant help think that this is m/c #2. I'm so fed up... I just want to be a mummy so bad and with it being Father's Day today can't help feeling I've let OH down again :(

I wish you all the best with your scan today, praying that you see your LO healthy and growing nicely <3
I'm so sorry you've had to endure the stress of this, wishing you every happiness xx

Hi guys.... Thought I'd just pop on to update you. Unfortunately it was as suspected. No growth since last week which explained blood test results. Been sent away to see if m/c happens naturally but got another appt on Thursday in case it doesn't to discuss next steps. Off on holiday in less than 4 weeks so want it all over and done with before then so we can just enjoy it.

Absolutely gutted that its happened again. 3 yrs of trying, 2 pregnancies and bugger all to show for it is heartbreaking. The only thing helping me is the fact that the fertility clinic say its just horrendously bad luck. I suppose someone got to be the one who it happens to. Just want it to be over and dust ourselves off to start again.

Fingers cross for third time lucky and hope to be back again soon. Good luck and happy and healthy pregnancies to you all xxxxxx

Hi guys.... Thought I'd just pop on to update you. Unfortunately it was as suspected. No growth since last week which explained blood test results. Been sent away to see if m/c happens naturally but got another appt on Thursday in case it doesn't to discuss next steps. Off on holiday in less than 4 weeks so want it all over and done with before then so we can just enjoy it.

Absolutely gutted that its happened again. 3 yrs of trying, 2 pregnancies and bugger all to show for it is heartbreaking. The only thing helping me is the fact that the fertility clinic say its just horrendously bad luck. I suppose someone got to be the one who it happens to. Just want it to be over and dust ourselves off to start again.

Fingers cross for third time lucky and hope to be back again soon. Good luck and happy and healthy pregnancies to you all xxxxxx

Sweetie - I feel your pain. I had a MMC in 2010, a MC in 2011, and took last year off as I couldn't deal with it happening again.

I do understand how you are hurting :hugs: you can friend me if you want to talk :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->