HCG levels not doubling at 5 weeks! What does this mean?

Soniasid

Reaction score
Hello. I’m new to posting and it’s because I just got pregnant recently. I’ve been browsing the threads and hoping to maybe get some positive stories.

I’m currently at 6 weeks pregnant and took four blood tests in 8 days and I’m not sure if I should already be preparing for a miscarriage.

Here’s how my numbers for HCG played out:

Monday: 2579
Wednesday: 3646
Friday: 4440
Sunday: 4764

I went for a 5 week ultrasound on the Thursday and they could see the sac and the technician said she didn’t see signs of a miscarriage but with numbers not doubling in almost a week, I’m wondering if I should just be preparing myself.

I’m worried sick and so scared.

My next ultrasound isn’t for another two weeks...and I’m going CRAZY waiting.

Any personal stories or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I’m wondering if I should be worried because my doctor doesn’t seem to want to give me an idea of what she thinks is going to happen.

I didn't want to read and run but try to keep calm :) Easier said then done I know! AT 5 weeks pregnant it is common to only see the sac and that is all. Where I am at they normally do not do the first ultrasound until 7 weeks or more because that is when you should be seeing the heartbeat etc. Your appointment in 2 weeks should give you a clear answer. I hope everything goes well for you! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!

I am not sure about the HCG levels but I know some ladies on here can probably answer that part better then I!

Thank you so much for your note Hoping4numbr3.

The only reason they did the ultrasound test early was because they were worried about a miscarriage.

The HCG levels are driving me WILD! I'm so scared. Many forums I've gone through say that if the numbers don't double...or at least increase significantly it's likely that a miscarriage is going to happen.

I know worrying doesn't help but it definitely is having an impact on my day to day.

I was hoping someone can shed some light on HCG levels and give me some hope.

:kiss:

Yes I can totally understand. I am surprised your doctor wont give you an idea if the HCG is okay or not. They did the ultrasound because they were worried you were miscarrying due to HCG? Did the HCG draws get done before the ultrasound? HUGS!

She told me that there's reason to be concerned but still something we are waiting for.

Told me my numbers should be at 5,000 at least on Friday. I'm hoping she will contact me soon to give me more information!

Well I am hoping for the best for you! I would put this post in the Pregnancy 1st trimester forum. You may be able to get some better answers! :)

Thank you. Great idea. I'm new to this forum and didn't entirely understand how it works. I will post in there. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->