HCG Levels

Imogene

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone is encountering the same issues as me because I am really confused. I am at 5 1/2 weeks (according to the size of the gestational sac) and I was told that HCG was supposed to double. My HCG level on Monday was at 20,000 and I was told this was pretty high for how far along I am. I went to get tested again because of brown spotting, and my level is at 22,000.

What I've read was that it stops doubling after it hits 6,000. I'm now super worried and confused -- how did your HCG levels rise?

It's true that the higher it gets, the slower it is to double. I can't recall the exact numbers, but I think over 1000 it can stop doubling over 2 days. With daughter, my first hcg was at 4w6d and it was 18,762, so my OB didn't do any more. We just did a scan the following week. I would think if your scan looked good, then that's more informative than the hcg number?? Also, brown spotting is usually old blood and, I think, pretty common, especially early on. It could be old implantation blood making it's way out. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->