Hcg not doubling? OB concerned?

bellagirl85

Reaction score
As a brief background for those who don't know, I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and this is my second pregnancy.

I had early implantation bleeding that stopped.

On Monday (6W3D), I came home after work to bleeding. My underwear and pants had blood and there was bright red and brown blood when I wiped. As soon as it came it left (imagine a faucet being turned on and off).

I called the OB and immediately went in for bloodwork that day.

I went in two days later on Wednesday (6W5D) at the same time. That day I had some mucus discharge that was tinted, but presumably from the day before. Not much.

My results came back today:
Monday- 17,776
Wednesday- 23,318

The nurse I spoke to said my OB was happy to see the numbers rise but concerned that they were "not as high as she likes to see" and they want to see me in on Monday for an ultrasound.

Of course I'm quite anxious over all of this. Im trying to remain level-headed that these numbers don't mean everything, but I was really hoping that the numbers would check out.

Good news is I still have a lot of PG symptoms. sore boobs, hunger, shortness of breath, and exhaustion. I'm holding on to that.

What should my numbers even be? Did anyone else have numbers that didn't double??

I was told they should double within 2-3 days, so since they tested you two days apart, maybe you just needed a little more time? Also, I believe the further along you get, the slower your doubling rate. I could be wrong about that, I have so much information floating around in my head from all the reading! Try to stay calm, you'll know more in four days. One day at a time!

I think at this point an ultrasound will tell you way more than hcg counts. If I'm not mistaken once they reach a certain level they don't quite double anymore as they would but rather double in 72hrs as opposed to 48. I don't have experience with betas not doubling but I've seen it go either way. Good sign u still have symptoms etc because with my mmc my symptoms went off like a switch in one day. Ultrasound will tell you lots. Hoping for good news on your end next week xx

I completely agree you should have an ultrasound. Did they offer one?

I agree, it could go either way.

Hang in there...I know its torture!

Thank you, ladies. :flower:

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, so that's good.

I did some more reading and it seems to show what you all are saying, that it can take longer for numbers at this time to double... Up to 4 days.

Mine seem to indicate I'm doubling every 5 days or so.

At least increasing... Hopefully the ultrasound gives us some good news.

Waiting until Monday will be agony.... I know you can relate.

I would keep your hopes up :) HCG is less reliable as you get further along. The wonderful thing is with those numbers, you should have a nice scan :)

I wish that everything goes well for you on Monday!

As other girls have said don't worry about those numbers! When they reach a certain point they stop doubling. Good luck monday! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->