HCG rant

Sunshine31

Back to TTC
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I had my ERPC on 29/12 at almost 10 weeks. Now, almost six weeks later, my HCG levels still haven't reached zero. As of today they're at 27. They were 45 eight days ago.

I'm so so so fed up. Feels like this miscarriage is taunting and haunting me when I just want to get on with TTC. Have no idea when I might ovulate either. Plus the doctor who called me from the hospital with my HCG levels today was a real arse so I hung up on him. Prob black listed at the EPU now!

Oh, hun, so sorry to hear you feel like this. But, your sentiment mirrors mine exactly. I had my D&C 1 day after you (12/30) and as of yesterday morning, HCG still at 36. Ugh! I just want to TTC again, too.

I started a bleed that I thought was AF on Thursday, but since there's still HCG in my system the RE said it's not really AF. Not sure what the heck else it could be - they think remnants of the lost pregnancy finally being released - but wasn't that the point of the D&C? Anyhow, so now I'm starting to chart my BBT and trying to figure out where in my cycle I could possibly be.

Sorry you are in the same boat. I know how much it sucks. Each day feels like an eternity when you are waiting for something and it's just prolonging the pain of what happened. Makes it hard to move forward.

HUGS!

Hey, I was in the same position not too long ago. Bled for 6 weeks after my d&c December 2nd. My RE had told me that it is a good thing actually, your body is getting rid of it as it should. She said the doctors should go in there and scrape it all out because it can do a lot more damage than help. It's almost like they just get it all started or something...I was thinking the same way though, I thought the d&c would be less pain and bleeding...
Anyways, I hope it ends for you soon :hugs:

TTC again - I totally agree. What was the point of going through the trauma of the ERPC if it doesn't actually do the job! Given how slowly my levels are going down I reckon it could be another four weeks before I'm at zero - a whole 10 weeks after the procedure.

Mcstars - thanks for your note. Hope everything is ok with you now
x

I feel the same way...this is a long road and making it very hard to pick up the pieces and move on.

I'm feeling very down all of a sudden. I was upset when we found out we had lost this pregnancy, but didn't cry all that much as we were expecting for a couple of weeks that something wasn't right. Anyhow, so now all of a sudden I feel like I'm starting to grieve this loss. I felt like crying all day today out of the blue.

Hope that our HCG levels suddenly start a speedy decline this week and we can move on with TTC again ASAP!

I agree. It's shite isn't it and I'm so jealous of those ladies who get pg like a day after their MC! I have no idea if/when I ovulated and TBH I don't think I was in the right zone to be TTC anyway. But I want to be pregnant again so so much and I wanted to hold my baby this year - that's looking less and less likely as time ticks on.

Definitely jealous! LOL!

This year IS a possibility. Hang in there. A New Year's Baby could be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->