hcg results 15800 at 4w3d...

Pippylu

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm 5w today (from LMP) and just got my test results back that I had done at 4w3d. My hcg result is 15800, which is 6-8 weeks on the chart my Dr showed me. It's hard not to worry and I now have to wait a couple of weeks for my U/S. Has anyone else had their hcg come back that high and still had a normal pregnancy?

Yup! At 5w4d with my last pregnancy, mine were at 47,000! Had a completely normal, healthy pregnancy and gave birth to a happy, healthy baby girl :)

With daughter, mine was 18,762 at 4w6d and all was fine. Healthy baby girl. Congratulations and best of luck!!

Thanks ladies, feeling loads better! My Dr was not sure, I had to ask her to re-check her chart because she didn't bat an eye at my results...she then said "oh wait, you're actually in range for 6-8 weeks not 4-5, well you should still wait 2 weeks to have your US". I've seen some posts where people thought a few thousand was was high at 5w, so I thought mine was reaalllly high.

Thanks ladies, feeling loads better! My Dr was not sure, I had to ask her to re-check her chart because she didn't bat an eye at my results...she then said "oh wait, you're actually in range for 6-8 weeks not 4-5, well you should still wait 2 weeks to have your US". I've seen some posts where people thought a few thousand was was high at 5w, so I thought mine was reaalllly high.

It is high, but the range of hcg is so huge that it's totally normal too. I waited until the following week to have an ultrasound (9 days after my blood level) and I was measuring 6w2d at that time. So although my hcg was in the 6 weeks range 9 days earlier, I'm not sure if I'd have seen anything since when I did get my scan everything was measuring at 6 weeks at that time.

It is high, but the range of hcg is so huge that it's totally normal too. I waited until the following week to have an ultrasound (9 days after my blood level) and I was measuring 6w2d at that time. So although my hcg was in the 6 weeks range 9 days earlier, I'm not sure if I'd have seen anything since when I did get my scan everything was measuring at 6 weeks at that time.[/QUOTE]

I have the referral now, so can go for an US anytime but will wait per the Dr's request. And as hard as it is to wait, I'd rather go when I can definitely see something. I'd seen on some other posts where people had been sent for an early US due to either high or low levels...I think it probably depends on the Dr. Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it!

Ok...new question. With your high levels, did you also have bad m/s? I'm 6w today and at worst I am mildly nauseous at random times during the day. No breast tenderness or pain. I started getting cramps at around 3w5d and that has mostly stopped now. I am still fatigued. I've read in several places that women with higher hcg levels tend to have worse m/s earlier. I know everyone is different and some never have m/s or other symptoms....I guess I'm not feeling very pregnant and had expected to have more symptoms by now.

I have no symptoms whatsoever. I'm 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. I go in for u/s tomorrow but I went in at 6 weeks 3 days and both babies had heartbeats.

I have no symptoms whatsoever. I'm 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. I go in for u/s tomorrow but I went in at 6 weeks 3 days and both babies had heartbeats.
Thanks ashknowsbest, that's very reassuring! I know I should appreciate not being sick but after trying for so long I was kinda looking forward to the symptoms. I know I will feel better after my scan next week.

Mine r only 4581 at supposably 5 weeks 6 days yday, had scan yday and just gestational sac no baby or yolk sac, I'm panicing like crazy :'( xx

Mine r only 4581 at supposably 5 weeks 6 days yday, had scan yday and just gestational sac no baby or yolk sac, I'm panicing like crazy :'( xx
It's so hard not to worry! I've read a fair few posts now where some women had scans at around 5-6 weeks and saw nothing but the sac but then a week later there's the baby and a heartbeat. Will you be having another scan soon? My first scan is on Monday

It's so hard not to worry! I've read a fair few posts now where some women had scans at around 5-6 weeks and saw nothing but the sac but then a week later there's the baby and a heartbeat. Will you be having another scan soon? My first scan is on Monday

If my results tomorrow have doubled or more than doubled I will be rescanned if they've gone up a little I will be rescanned to re check and then check for eptopic and if they've gone down then obviously miscarriage, should know by 10am tomorrow. I'm praying what u said happens to me. Good luck with your scan Monday Hun xx

Thanks Loren, I will post an update here after my scan. I've got my fingers crossed for you that everything is perfect x

pippy - I just wanted to let you know that despite my lack of symptoms, both of my babies are healthy and their hearts are beating nice and fast. :hugs:

pippy - I just wanted to let you know that despite my lack of symptoms, both of my babies are healthy and their hearts are beating nice and fast. :hugs:
That's great news ashknowsbest!!! Twins are scary and exciting, but also pretty special. Thank you for keeping me updated. Unfortunately Google searches can be our worst enemy, and the positive posts I found were quite old. I am so glad to have people to talk about it with who are having a similar experience x

Ok...new question. With your high levels, did you also have bad m/s? I'm 6w today and at worst I am mildly nauseous at random times during the day. No breast tenderness or pain. I started getting cramps at around 3w5d and that has mostly stopped now. I am still fatigued. I've read in several places that women with higher hcg levels tend to have worse m/s earlier. I know everyone is different and some never have m/s or other symptoms....I guess I'm not feeling very pregnant and had expected to have more symptoms by now.

After my 47,000 hcg levels I was told to expect bad ms. Didn't get any at all! Like you, I felt mildly nauseous at random points in the day but that was it. Right up until I got a bump I didn't feel pregnant at all. I had serious fatigue though up until 12 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->