HCG #s and baby's gender

bookworm0901

Reaction score
My hcg with my son doubled just fine in 48 hours, my hcg with my daughter almost quadrupled in 48 hours.

So I randomly googled it and apparently a study was done showing a correlation between lower hcg #s and boys and higher hcg and girls. I guess only those who know gender will be able to truly compare but has anyone else ever heard of this?

If this is true of my current pregnancy, it's a boy! My hcg just doubled.

I would be interested in learning more too. This is my first pregnancy and my hcg was 17 at 4+2 and it went up 2.5x to 43 two days later. Totally normal but lower numbers. My whole family thinks it's a boy. But we aren't going to know until the birth so who knows?!

They never did betas with my son or my daughters pregnancies. I wish they would have that way I can compare them to this pregnancy. Oh well :(

I had super high HCG levels with my son (to the point they thought possibly twins!). This time my HCG's were still pretty high- at the top of the range and over doubled in 48 hours.

I also heard about higher heartbeat is more indicative of a girl. However with my son his heartbeat was high at 8 and 12 week scan.... So these theories didn't work for us! Hahaha

They never did betas with my son or my daughters pregnancies. I wish they would have that way I can compare them to this pregnancy. Oh well :(

The only reason I got them was because no one in my family believed my positive FRERS. Lol seriously..the first one was light but noticeable but everyone blew it off and the next day was darker but still no one believed me. My one sis didn't even hug me until I had my second beta and it doubled. My grandmother told me to call her back in 5 days because it was too soon in her eyes.

I could actually believe this! With DS1 and DS2 they were low and with this one they were high and it maybe a girl!

My sons doubled every 28ish hours..they mentioned the possibility of twins...but he was just one healthy boy!

So interesting! I guess its one of those things that is sometimes true sometimes not, just like everything else.

They thought my daughter might be twins because of her hcg and they thought my son might be twins because during my 8 week OB checkup, my uterus "felt" like 11 weeks and not 8 (?!?!). With my other kiddos I wanted twins, this time I'm happy with one lol! I only want three kids, this will make #3. 4 sounds like A LOT!

Popping back from second tri...

With my last baby, my numbers were high, but not excessively and they rose quickly.

With my son:

11dpo - 16
13dpo - 70
14dpo - 112
15dpo - 200
17dpo - 465

This baby:

10dpo: 17
14dpo: 250
18dpo: 1760
24dpo: 18,238

This time, I'm having a girl

Popping back from second tri...

With my last baby, my numbers were high, but not excessively and they rose quickly.

With my son:

11dpo - 16
13dpo - 70
14dpo - 112
15dpo - 200
17dpo - 465

This baby:

10dpo: 17
14dpo: 250
18dpo: 1760
24dpo: 18,238

This time, I'm having a girl

I wonder if this would apply to when you'd get a BFP as well? I got a BFP with DD at 9 DPO, and she came out all girl. This time around I got another 9 DPO BFP, 6 days before my period was due. Can't wait to see if it's another girl cooking in here! :haha:

BrandiCanucks, sounds true for you! Wish I had more than 2 numbers per baby to judge it from.

kitteh_kat- If it was from when you get your BFP, then it wouldn't be true for me. I got my BFP at 8 DPO with my son! With my DD, I didn't test as early but I still think it wouldn't have been positive til 12-13 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->