HCG seems high and kinda low progesterone

meowzers

Reaction score
So yesterday I had my first sonogram and they measured me at 4 weeks instead of the 5-6 I thought I was. All we could see was the sac. This concerned me... I asked the dr to do blood work and make sure my progesterone and hcg were good. He called back today and said my hcg was over 5000 and progesterone 7.6 and went ahead and called me in a prescription for progesterone.

Last night I also thought I was having a miscarriage. At work I had a few gushes of red blood that's now very light pink spotting. No pain and the dr didn't seem too concerned. I go back tomorrow to get more test done... just looking for some opinions and comfort for my anxiety :( after having a miscarriage bc of low progesterone and being unable to conceive for years and years, I really really want this to work. I just want one baby... 😞

I'm sorry about your previous loss, Meowzers :hugs:

I'm glad the spotting has stopped.

I had a scan a week ago, at what I thought was 5+5 by LMP. They saw an empty gestational sac (no yolk sac, no fetal pole), and told me that it didn't look good, and that they'd expect things to have developed more given my dates.
I had another scan today, and saw the hearbeat. A lot of ladies on here have had similar experiences. Things can change so quickly in a week.

I don't know a lot about this, but I've heard of people being given progesterone to help during pregnancies. Is this something that your doc has mentioned at all?

Hope all goes well. Will keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"