He cries with daddy

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver is now generally a really happy baby with me during the day, he coos allday and laughs etc. I can even leave him for a while whilst i do some housework now! yay!

But when his daddy comes in from work and picks him up, after about 10minutes he cries hysterically and will not stop till i pick him up. Its horrible, he gets into such a state.

Also if Oliver cries, his dad will try to comfort him and it makes it even worse!And suprise suprise, the second i pick him up he stops!

Sometimes Oliver wont even let his dad feed him! He'll cry and spit his feed out, but is fine when i give him it! He's fine with his dad if Ewan's just talking to him whilst he's on his play mat or something-Oliver will laugh and coo at him but soon as he goes to pick him up...he screams!

Its really upsetting Ewan now and becoming tiring on me cus i have to do everything. Ewan feels useless as a father and feels Oliver hates him! Is anyone elses LO like this? Any advice? At my wits end x

I've not much advice except he could be picking up on Ewans tension/nervousness
How about if you sit close when Ewan hold him, talking to hime etc...

Babys are funny little creatures and Ewan could soon be flavour of the month

:hugs:

tylers the same a real mummys boy im guessing its just because we are there all day doing everything that there not comfortable when daddy takes over as its not the usual routine and it is hard for daddy joel thinks tyler hates him 2 but what can we do but hope they get over it so daddy knows his wanted.

I can only echo what everyone else has said. I think he's so used to your smell and sounds when he is being held and fed that anything new is a change in his routine. Andrew does Matthew's 7pm feed and its always been like that because of working. But at the weekend Andrew will want to do more, but sometimes Matthew will only take half the bottle and will be a lot more fidgety than with me.

Do you spend any time with friends or other family members during the day? Maybe you could get them to help out with cuddles and feeds for a while, then your littleman will get used to it not just being you and then may warm to Daddy more when he comes home from work. My best friend and I spend a lot of time together during the week and if I need to do my hair or do some housework she'll feed him and cuddle him to sleep. I don't know whether it helps but Matthew will go to anyone with a warm arm to lay on :)

Bethanie is a like that with me sometimes, if I pass her to Sonny she gets upset and looks at me like i've done something terrible. I agree with the others, he is going to be so used to being with you all the time and loves you loads.. all I can suggest is what Naimi did, of passing him to others more and let him get used to not having mummy all of the time. There are 7 of us living here (6 adults) and Bethanie can still be funny with wanting me to hold her, so I wouldn't worry too much.. they go through these phases.

I can understand why your OH gets upset, Sonny gets upset too when she won't go to him.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->