he DEFINITELY hates me!!

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
He won't stop screaming. This is the second day in a row. I don't know what to do. He's fed, he's got a clean bum.. I know he's tired, but he just won't sleep!

I tried his bouncy chair because it has vibration - NOPE! Tried his playpen because it has the vibration to as well as music - NADA! Had him swaddled and rocked him while patting his bum - NOPE! Tried laying down with him! - STILL NOPE!

Right now he's in his car seat, I'm hoping since I can cover him and make it really dark for him, it might work - I know you're not supposed to have them in there for long periods of time, but I'm at the breaking point.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other things I can try!??!

:hissy:

Try bouncing him on his knee and sing 'Horsey horsey, don't you stop, just let your hooves go clippity clop, your tail goes swish and the wheels go round, giddy up we're homeward bound' :) works a treat with Jack.
Don't worry hun, he'll cry himself out eventually, Jack was a little demon the night before last, I was left completely alone for the first time all night and he screamed constantly. Of course the minute my mum and Dan came home he turned into a sleeping angel... :p cheeky bugger.
Good luck hun :hugs:

can you take him out for a ride in the car or a walk in the buggy?

stroking his face might help or walking around with him. i had zane in his car seat all the time to sleep wen he wudnt settle n hes fine! he doesnt hate u! babies at this age r just funny.

also lie him on ur chest so he can hear ur heart n rub is back

can you take him out for a ride in the car or a walk in the buggy?

I'm not allowed to lift anything but him. And I have to lift the stroller to get in and out of the building! Grr.

I guess I could try walking him around the apartment in it LOL

Have you tried using a dummy? we didn't want to use one at first but it really helped settle Billie when she's overtired x

without meaning to state the obvious or sound funny or anythin, but have you tried just cuddling him? try holding him to your chest with his head at your heart and sing softly or stroke him. i kno sometimes i would get too carried away thinkin, bum, food, wind tiredness and forgot the simple things.

He's got his paci.
And yep - I tried the on the chest thing. Didn't work! :(

He fell asleep in the car seat.. thank god! Although, I'm expecting him to wake up screaming any minute as I'm trying to make my lunch!

have you tried winding him after feeds? he could have a bit of wind mayb?

Try bouncing him on his knee and sing 'Horsey horsey, don't you stop, just let your hooves go clippity clop, your tail goes swish and the wheels go round, giddy up we're homeward bound' :) works a treat with Jack.
Don't worry hun, he'll cry himself out eventually, Jack was a little demon the night before last, I was left completely alone for the first time all night and he screamed constantly. Of course the minute my mum and Dan came home he turned into a sleeping angel... :p cheeky bugger.
Good luck hun :hugs:

I sing that to megan and she usually just looks at me like I'm stupid

When Jack is like that I put him in the bath, it always seems to sooth him. Then I lay him on my tummy in just his nappy with a blacket over him.

He doesn't hate you thou hun don't take it personally, he's just a bit beside himself :hugs:.

he doesn't hate you :hugs: How have his bowel movements been? Is it possible his tummy's upset?

I feel your pain, Alfie was like that, the record was 3 hours 20 mins of complete screaming, he fell asleep for 10 mins and then screamed for another 2 hours!!!!

I went to doc about it as he was screaming during feeds too and she said he had colic, she put him on colief and I haven't looked back since, he cries maybe half an hour total a day now, whereas before it was at least 7 hours each day.

I hope this is just a one off for you. xx

Niamh screamed for hours on end until she was diagnosed with reflux and put on meds. Any chance it could be this? Niamh's record was 8 hours of screaming, small breaks. She was in so much pain and hardly slept.

Dont worry bout baby been in car seat hun, it was the only place Patrick would settle during the day and its done him no harm that i can see! Baby doesnt hate you either hun....they just have days like this! Dont worry, it will pass. xx

I always found sitting on my yoga ball and bouncing helped and she settled ever on the most crank nights...

Have you given any gripe water? It is commong for them to have colic at that age too...

Ive never heard of the car seat being bad, in fact one doctor suggested it when the reflux was super bad. She said some moms even let them sleep in it at night because its holds them upright and helps with digestion.

Another thing.... does he sleep flat on his back at night? Or do you have his head elevate? I found once I bought my sleep wedge for Jasmine she was loads better.

yea, u shouldn't have a baby in a car seat (unless it reclines) for more than 2 hours at any on time because it's bad for their spine and chest. Guy in mothercare told me that when i was pram shopping.

If it's the only thing settling your baby though then i'm sure it's not going to do any harm x

Napping in carseats in fine, just make sure you watch them. We often let Niamh nap in hers. Just make sure they're supervised as there have been a couple of unfortunate incidences in the UK recently when babies passed away in carseats because of the pressure on their throat and chest from the way the car seat positions them, and the fact they can't lift their own heads yet.

Bowel movements have been normal! Just as much poop as a normal day!

He's flat cause he's in the playpen.
We talked about elevating him, just haven't had the time to go to the store yet!

I'm not sure if it's reflux - we have an appointment Thursday, so I will DEFINITELY be asking.

He's ok right now - didn't sleep long at all, but he's much happier right now. Phew.

It's just so frustrating and confusing! BAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->