He has low sperm count... can I take clomid?

ReikiBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies, a question for you? I ovulate just fine, but my dh has low sperm count, motility and morphology problems. Do you think if I took clomid it might help?

My thinking is like this... if he has less available swimmers, and I pop out a few more eggs, wouldn't it increase our chances a little bit? I am desperate to try something before moving on to IVF.

- RB:wacko:

I wouldn't have thought clomid would help as with slow swimmers they may be finding it difficult to get through CM and actually getting to the uterus and up to the eggs. Thats my thinking anyway. IUI might help though as it by passing this swim

hi...u can definitly try clomid...i was perscribed it although its my db with low sperm count, an my tests ok...i was really optimistic, but 4me i had 2months clomid, i hav been bloated, moody, extreemly tierd...an no natural ewcm so defo buy a sperm friendly lube. Think ur dr will gv u 50mg if u ov on ur own...but it hasnt wrked for me...an i think the 40% sucess rate is for women who are havin pribs ov'ing...!! It is an option but personally after trying it+spkin to others, if his sperm cant reach 1 egg, will it reach the 2nd 1? My guess is no... But try it if you +ur dr feel its worth it...good luck, x x x

I read on here that some urologists are treating men with sperm issues with clomid. Someone on this section got pregnant after her hubby was treated. I am not sure how widespread this treatment is in men, but you could research it. XX

https://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/clomid-men.html
here is an article, its not wildly postive, however there is more out there if you google clomid for men. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->