He hates chunks in food!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Oh boy does he hate textured food! He gags on it and spits it out and he pull such a face!!!

How long did it take your LO to get used to it?

Erica did this too at first. My cousin gave me a couple jars of stage 3 jars, that she had from her son who can now eat more solid foods. She gagged, spit the chunks out, and didn't want to eat it. Now I'm slowly introducing thicker foods, using the stage 3 jars. I'm mixing like 1/3 of the jar, with her homemade fruits or veggies that are not chunky at all. Its thicker than the stage 2, but not quite as thick as stage 3. She is now making the chewing motions, and is getting more and more used to it. Josh is getting sooo big! He is so cute!!

Sam did this at first too - he'd either gag on it or take ages sorting out the little lumps in his mouth and spit just those out but swallow the rest :rofl: (doesn't like to waste food, just like his mum :blush:)

It only took him a couple of weeks to properly get used to them though - now he can have lumps of fruit/pasta etc and doesn't mind them at all. I think it was once he started having more finger foods (the organix carrot sticks etc - not sure if you get them over there....they're like giant wotsits!) that he got used to having solid things that he had to swallow in his mouth x

I think it was once he started having more finger foods (the organix carrot sticks etc - not sure if you get them over there....they're like giant wotsits!) that he got used to having solid things that he had to swallow in his mouth x
We don't have them, but I brought some back with me. He likes those so much he goes nuts when he see the bag! What I don't get is he doesn't mind the chunks from them in his mouth... !

I think it was once he started having more finger foods (the organix carrot sticks etc - not sure if you get them over there....they're like giant wotsits!) that he got used to having solid things that he had to swallow in his mouth x
We don't have them, but I brought some back with me. He likes those so much he goes nuts when he see the bag! What I don't get is he doesn't mind the chunks from them in his mouth... !

If he's having them hopefully he'll get used to swallowing solid things soon - it didn't take Sam very long but I think the gagging on stuff is normal at first. The jars of food here are completely smooth until 7 months and I guess that's probably why x

I tried Jack with some homemade mash with tiny lumps of carrot in on Sunday as he has beenn 'chewing' his purees for a while now & he was horrified!!:rofl:
He gave a disgusted look after every mouthful, & spat the lumps out, then after about 5 spoonfulls, he decided enough was enough & stuck his hand in his mouth & pulled all the food out all over him!!:rofl:
We have gone back to purees for a bit longer....:rofl:

https://www.organix.com/Our-Foods/Food-For-Babies/Finger-Foods

I'm defnitely buying these fingerfoods!

https://www.organix.com/Our-Foods/Food-For-Babies/Finger-Foods

I'm defnitely buying these fingerfoods!

Those are the ones I get for Sam and he loves them! They taste good too. The carrot sticks are the best to start with because they're so easy to hold... and they go soft so you don't need to worry so much about choking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->