He just scared the absolute hell out of me!!!

XKatX

Reaction score
OMG!!! Oliver was just bouncing away merrily in his jumperoo with a huge smile on his face. He is recovering from a cold at the moment and is at that stage when it just gets you in the morning - sort of gets stuck at the back of the throat.
Anyway, he's giggling away and I'm filming him being so happy. All of a sudden, he coughs, then stops everything. He stares at me, then starts going purple round the lips!! This all happened sooooo quickly!! He obviously has a great lump of snotty stuff stuck in his throat. So me being the panic merchant I am, I flew across the room and whipped him out of his jumperoo so bloody fast. I think a mixture of that and being thrown in the air at high speed, dislodged the snot and hey presto, he coughs it up and it sprays down my front. Mmm nice, green snotty stuff on new top!! He stared at me for a couple of seconds, took a great big breath, then started laughing!! This all happened in a matter of seconds - talk about keping me on my toes!! Scared the hebe-gebes out of mummy!!!

oh god!!! i'm not surprised! poor you and poor oliver, though it sounds like oliver was fine! god they scare you sometimes don't they kat! glad he's ok, nasty nasty cold, hope it goes soon. maddi used to scare me half to death when she had her cough a few months ago x

awww poor u :hug: sounds scary!!!!!!

Glad hes ok though x

Sounds terrifying! So glad he's ok :hugs: x

aw hun you must of been terrified!!

Glad he's okay xx

thats scary so glad he's ok xxxx

Tristan has a cold at the moment as well (has lasted about three weeks!!) and he occasionally chokes on mucus when it goes down his throat (as they don't know how to snort it out of their noses). It is terrifying!!! I have this squeezer device that you can get to suction it out of their noses to help them breathe easier. The only problem is, that often you have suctioned it out and their noses fill up again five minutes later.

I hope your little one gets better soon.

xxx

Oh boy I remember when max got bronchitis at 6 months , the same thing happened and by god I lost 2 years of my life ..it was so scary ..but like you he coughed it up on me and was a merry lil dude afterward

it is very scary!

weve got one of those suction thingys too-to get snot out of their little noses (he screams though-don't blame him lol).

keely.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->