He never ever texts me!? How much does your partner text?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I've recently met a guy, we've been seeing each other and he's told me he doesn't normally get into relationships due to lack of trust, but wants to take things slow with me. :) only thing is, he never ever texts me!? When we're together we're like a couple but when we're not it's like he isn't interested. It's messing with my mind, any advice ladies? X

Rarely. Only if one of us needs something while he's at work or something. Never sentimental stuff.

Not sure if it's because of the same-sex thing or not, may have something to do with it lol :haha: but my wife and I text constantly. Unless we're busy or something, we talk about the most random stuff.

Sorry this is totally OT but Eidson you guys are the most picture perfect family ever!

That would annoy me... I have been in a new relationship a couple of months and when we're not together we text quite a lot. Also we are together a lot lol.

A lot like every day. When we first met we texted alt and called eachx other a lot now we live together it's usually texts if I'm working or he's away or if we need something for the house lol boring things

In past relationships I've always texted a lot, especially at the beginning.

Perhaps this guy wants to take it so slow that you just go on dates and that's it for now? If you want more you need to tell him so. Just explain you don't want to rush him but the off text wouldn't go amiss!

We text once in while now..but when we first started dating we couldn't stop texting/calling each other. If we weren't physically together..we had to be talking.

We text through out the day when he's at work during the week. We've always been big on texting/calling when we're apart though.

Yeah we text a few times through the day while he is at work. Id find it a bit strange and probably start wondering the reason why he acts like you dont exist ehen you are not together.

DH and I message each other on Google talk a lot during the day, whenever I'm at the computer working. If I'm out with the kids for the day we'll text a few times.

When we first got together we text each other like, all the time.
Now we text a couple of times through the day, or sometimes just once. Depends how busy we are. I always hear from him though.

We don't text often, usually just OH's ETA when he's on the way home or I ask him to pick something up. We do email a lot during the day but only because we both work at our computers.

I don't think whether somebody texts or not means anything about a relationship or developing relationship. Some people don't text much - I don't because I find it a pain and I really hate it when people are on their phones all day, ignoring everything around them because they're so fixated on the phone. Perhaps the guy doesn't text a lot to anybody, or maybe he likes to live in the moment - when he's with his friends or at work he wants to be present with his friends or working instead of fiddling on his phone. Or perhaps he doesn't want a relationship via phone - that's not a bad thing.

We text a fair bit and have been together almost 3 years. When we first got together we'd text loads. And now we send maybe 5-7 a day each. Also he rings me every single day after work for 20 mins while driving (on loudspeaker on his knee) even though he's coming home to me. We're still as soppy as ever :lol: but not everyone is like that. I rarely ever text anyone else and unless i'm expecting a message from my OH, I can leave it for hours uncharged. He might just be one of those people. Do he compensate by ringing you? If you'd like more communication, just let him know :)

It'll depend on the person, maybe he's just not a big texter? DH and I are quite shy people so we relied on texting a lot in the beginning of our relationship to get to know each other lol!!

We text a lot, when he's away with work we txt more than phone as that tends to be easier, and during the day we will text if we've heard/seen something we want to share even though he comes home for lunch (I forget otherwise!), or usually me telling him to bring something home :haha: and those silly pictures you see on fb...I'm always sending those! I don't have anything to compare him to, I've only ever been with hubby, I think as I am shy I will always be a big texter though, I text my mum more than speak to her on the phone (that's not coz of shyness!)

I think it could be nice if he isn't a big texter though, doesn't mean you're not on his mind, you'll just have more to talk about in person. And there's nothing to say you can't text him first!! I've never been one to try and look cool :haha:

My husband works in IT in a section of the bank that deals with credit card accounts and the like and, of course, isn't allowed his phone, email, facebook and the like - the computers are internal system only. So generally, no texts for 9 hours of the day.

If we live apart and he's stayed here or I've stayed there through the week, I get up with him so we'll text/fb for the hour it takes to get to work. Sometimes he'll text or fb during his (limited, short) breaks and we always text/fb in the hour he's on his way home from work.

When he's at his house and I'm at mine, 9/10 we'll be on fb/texting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->