He never ever texts me!? How much does your partner text?

In the early days we'd text A LOT :haha: I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if you don't though, not everyone is like that.

We text a few times a day, usually just cheeky little I love you's :cloud9: or him checking if we need anything from the shop etc.. but we never go a day without messaging and it's been that way for the 10 years we've been together <3

We text all day when we're not together. I'm not much of a texter.. sometimes I ignore it and pretend I never saw it :haha::blush:

He never calls or Facetimes though. Does my head in. Says he doesn't like talking on the phone, but imo texts are very impersonal.

we text when we get the chance. ie when hes on a fag break. but he usually calls me rather than text.

i suppose i get about 5 calls a day & 20-30 texts. xx

Me & the guy I've been seeing text all the time, but we don't see each other everyday (he lives over an hour away) tbh I wish he'd call/facetime me more than text :lol:
Me and my ex though rarely used to text, he wasn't a big texter and even before we lived together we saw each other every day so didn't feel the need to text all the time, just a couple of times a day, we'd call each other more.

We rarely text, sometimes a few times a week. usually its a reminder to pick something up at the store, or reminder to stop at the bank, etc.

I hate talking on the phone, DH loves talking on the phone. I'd rather text, Dh hates texting. So we mostly just talk when we are together. LOL.

we text when we get the chance. ie when hes on a fag break. but he usually calls me rather than text.

i suppose i get about 5 calls a day & 20-30 texts. xx

Wow! Ive got to show my OH that! Im always moaning i dont hear from him during the day. He would never text me first, & if i text first, i might get a emoticon back, an hour later, no words... lazy! (Hes a smoker too so i know he has time for a cigarette, so why no time for a text?!) & he would never EVER call me.

When we were dating though he would ring every night & text me all day... *sighs*

Maybe he is trying to take it slow, maybe he doesn't like texting (I know someone who rings to reply when you text her, she hates to text). The only way to find out is to ask him. If you want more communication you need to tell him - he may or may not be responsive but at least you'll know.

We see each other.nearly every day but if we.are not together will send a few.texts back and forth?! We tend to just call each other instead. I wouldn't worry about.it.though,.my ex literally never texted and we were together for four years!
inste

We just text now if either of us want something but when we first got together we would text all the time!

We did when we first got together, not so much now :)

When we first started seeing each other, we texted nonstop all day. once we were living together we only texted to see about supper or things like that.

DH doesn't text much. The last text I got from him was on the 18th May.

Since living together we only text if we have something to say to each other that can't wait until we see each other :haha: Before that we texted quite a lot though.

If he wants to take it slow because he's fed up of trust issues, maybe he just wants to not have to be texting constantly with someone for them to feel like they are a couple?

I feel rubbish because I think he's not that interested in me :( is it me overthinking? I just feel like I'm making all the effort. How do I tell him I'd like more effort on his behalf, even just a text a day!? X

Thank you for all of your replies :)

I get about 4/5 calls a day from my OH but he works all over the country mon to Friday so its not like we get to see each other during the week that often unless he is working locally.

I feel rubbish because I think he's not that interested in me :( is it me overthinking? I just feel like I'm making all the effort. How do I tell him I'd like more effort on his behalf, even just a text a day!? X

Thank you for all of your replies :)

I think ive let myself wrongly believe that if my OH is thinking of me, he will text me, but i know this isnt practical (as hes working/out with friends etc). & if i followed that rule, i would be texting him non stop!

In my previous post to this thread, i said im lucky to get one text a day, but i found out recently he texts one of his male friends daily (grrrr!)

If it was me, i would outwardly ask next time i was with him "whats your opinion on texting?" Some people genuinly dont like texting, but prefer calling. Maybe he doesnt text anyone (friends/family). Texts can be taken the wrong way. Maybe he thinks hes "playing it cool" as its early days (boo). It maybe that hes too busy? I would only be concerned if when you text, it goes ignored, yet when your with him, he makes time to respond to other people. I would definately ask though. You shouldnt sit there worrying. Now is the time to get to know eachother, how you both work & ask questions.

OH never really text me much, even when we were first together. I think some people just don't really like texting.

hubby doesnt text me normally unless i text him first, even then might not reply. Hes usually to busy at work, if i want an answer to what you want for tea ill just ring him.
He calls every day when he leaves work though.

Before we lived together we constantly texted, but he hated it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->