"he probably has autism"

Reaction score
those were the words of a speech therapist my son's regular speech therapist brought along with her at our last session.

my DS is 22 months. and currently is receiving speech therapy through early intervention. on september 7th his therapist is bringing a developmental pediatrician to take a look at him and see if he should get a referral to be looked at shortly after his 2nd birthday, to find an official diagnoses.

for a long time i felt like my son was "different". people always made comments about how unique he was. he has regressed a lot. but is making some progress. his score at the end of his EI eval was 125 (had to be higher than 50), qualifying him for EI. at the time the lady told me his ASQ3 came back "pretty high". but at the eval at EI, they didnt see anything. once his speech therapist came out for the first time, she saw it right away. and so did the second therapist that came with her the second time.

so this post is just to find anyone who is going through this with me (waiting for a diagnoses). being in limbo is the worse part of it all. :dohh:

Hi MilosMommy7

I know there are a few of us on here waiting for a diagnosis. I agree with you, it sucks being in this limbo. At least once you have a diagnosis you can move forward.

My son is nearly 18 months and I have my pediatrician's appointment mid-September but from there it can be 6 - 10 months before I get an "official" diagnosis.

Feel free to PM me, I know how stressful this time can be.

we started it all when he was 18 months. i'm glad things arent going as slowly as it does for some people. but at the same time, it's creeping by as we wait for every next appointment!

When did you start noticing your LO was regressing? I feel like I'm always "testing" my son to see if can do/ say the same things from one day to the next. It's exhausting to worry about it all the time!

Being in limbo is the worst...I feel for you hon. Have you taken the MCHAT posted here??? :hugs:

lovelee- my first clues were around 11 months. he stopped babbeling and started shaking his head ALL the time. he's forgotten a lot of things that he used to know, like drinking from a straw, blowing kisses. right now he stops doing the signs he's learned. as an infant his eyecontact was just occassionally, when he wanted to.

jas- lol, yeah i saw it and it said to have him be looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->