He proposed to me when I was pushing the pram?!

P

pinkbumpnov

Hi ladies, just in a bit of shock. I always hoped oh would ask me to marry him-but surprised he did it like this
We were on a walk pushing lo in pram and he just asked me, no getting on one knee, no ring...he had it planned this way too!
Am I right to feel cheated? Xx

I'm not sure, when my husband proposed it wasn't romantic it was on my birthday but I chose the ring we got home he proposed and then we had to go pick my daughter up from my mums haha, it was fine for me as I don't really like a big fuss, it depend how you expected it be like, if you feel cheated ask him to do it again haha, did you say yes?? Xx

Yes I said yes! Love him, even though wasn't exactly romantic! X

I personally prefer the blase approach but it depends on you. If you're into the big celebration of it and everything. I'd feel super awkward with the one knee thing and tell them to stand up and quit messing around lol. If it bothers you, make up for it somewhere else. (Engagement party, romantic night in?) To be honest telling him won't change much. He can't really take it back and redo it, and making him feel guilty won't change it so I think you should just make up for it by doing something uber romantic. You're right to want the fairy tale engagement, most people do. Wish he would have done more! haha maybe you can re-propose to him?? That'd be cute and you could make it OTT. :)

Aw, I'm sure he thought about it and wasn't sure how romantic it should be. My boyfriend is like that. He overthinks it. Either way, congratulations! :)

I think the surprise element makes it romantic in itself. I got my ring after we had booked the wedding venue!

I think the surprise element makes it romantic in itself. I got my ring after we had booked the wedding venue!

Same here!

I don't think most engagements are like the movies! We booked our venue then bought the ring, he asked me to marry him outside the ring shop, popped the ring on and we went for coffee!

It all depends on what you want. Mine was a total shock and romantic and all and I would have felt cheated with that. But my brother and his wife just went and bought a ring together and that's how thu wanted it. Both of us couples are very happy so in the end it doesn't really matters.

I never got the romantic proposal either. We were driving and basically he asked what I thought about us getting married. I said sounded like a good idea. (he's in the military and was bound to move sometime). so for us it was agree to get married, "elope" in my own hometown a couple months later, told our families, got my ring as a Christmas present months after we were legally wed, then a few months later we moved. not the most romantic "love story" but it worked for us.

But i agree with other ladies. Maybe plan a romantic dinner or night out to celebrate it. dress up nice, wear the ring and flash it every chance you get so that everyone knows what you are celebrating. :)

I never even really got a proposal. We just decided one night to get engaged - it was like we were deciding to have Chinese for dinner or something and to be honest I've always regretted doing that. I had always been looking forward to that surprising, romantic moment and I didn't get it. I don't really plan on being proposed to ever again, so sometimes I wish we wouldn't have done it the way we did. OH has never been the romantic type (he didn't even do anything for me for our anniversary yesterday) so a romantic proposal from him would have been extra special.

Now I'm bitter again, haha.

Congrats. My OH proposed to me while I was playing World of Warcraft. He just came over and asked. No ring or anything. I think it was perfect. We're not the romantic type, so why do something that goes against our nature?
My sister's husband proposed as they came out of the movie theater. She told him he had to do it over and better. :shrug:
Go ahead and have him do it over if you want.

Congrats!

My DH didn't propose to me. He's not romantic at all. I don't mind because I'm not either. We just both agreed that it was the right time to get married, and did it. :haha:

Congrats !!! :happydance:
I've always imagined the super romantic proposal in front of the glowing christmas tree, the ring in plate or around my napkin. SOMETHING. I'll probably feel cheated no matter what. :haha:

Congratulations!

I've never told anyone this, but my oh actually proposed to me when we were lying in bed one evening about to go to sleep. He just lay there and pulled the ring from the side of the bed. I can't remember exactly what I said but told him please can you do it another way, I don't want to tell everyone we got engaged in bed and that I'd always wanted him to go down on one knee! Poor guy.

So then I was waiting for him to do it, about a week later, the day before my birthday, we went to a stately home for the day, had a picnic and when I got up at the end he stayed down on one knee and asked me there. I said yes of course. When I got home I arrived to a surprise birthday/engagement party! Looking back I feel a bit ungrateful as he'd spent 8 months paying off the ring before proposing, was probably really nervous and actually lying in bed was so cute and romantic in its own way but just not how I'd pictured it. I only ever tell anyone the stately home story and was saying on the day how surprised I was and had no idea when everyone asked me! Oops

I picked out my ring as it was to be a promise ring/birthday present. DH had other things in mind though and proposed on my birthday. We were in my bedroom and he did not get down on one knee.

I sometimes feel a little cheated but that kind of proposal fit his personality. His original plan was to wait until the month after and take me up a mountain in Arizona and propose at the top.. its the thought that counts right lol :)

Congrats!!!!

It wouldnt bother me how I got asked. Is he a shy person? Xx

I think it's really romantic personally. But I'm not a fan of over the top romantic gestures as I embarrass quite easily. I'd especially hate it to happen where there were other people for someone to get down on one knee and make a big deal. I think the fact he did whilst you were all together as a family is really sweet.

Perfectly honest my perfect proposal would happen while we're lay in bed having a cuddle. And I'd love to be able to choose my own engagement ring so wouldn't want him to have a ring. Though he'd rather propose with a ring x

Congratulations! Haha I got proposed to over the phone as dh was working abroad at the time, so at least u were together! xx

Congrats hun!!!!

See i'm a hard girl to please..... He did it when we were in Bruges at the Christmas markets for the day, in front of my family and had a ring and everything.....

But I was upset he didn't get down on one knee! Hahahaha!! He said the floor was wet - pfffffft no excuse! Hehe :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->