He proposed to me when I was pushing the pram?!

At least he asked you :) My husband didn't ask at all, I got "oh, ok then, I'll marry you"

Mine just popped out a ring when I got in from work with Michael Jackson playing :rofl: :rofl: Some men just dont have the tact but they mean well ;)

Congratulations!! I think it's lovely, he asked and wants to marry you that's what counts not some cheesy proposal. My OH isn't romantic at all but made an effort by proposing at the side of loch ness, I knew he was going to do it and tbh it was a bit awkward cos of that. Yours was really spontaneous and must've been a total surprise!

I think it's lovely, he asked and wants to marry you that's what counts not some cheesy proposal. My OH isn't romantic at all but made an effort by proposing at the side of loch ness, I knew he was going to do it and tbh it was a bit awkward cos of that. Yours was really spontaneous and must've been a total surprise!

This.

He asked you to marry him, he wants to marry you so it nit being a big fancy proposal shouldn't matter

Id just be glad he asked you. some women wait many years before they get anything. It might not be what you wanted but he asked you so your what he wants... be happy he loves you enough to want to marry you and spend his life with you :)

Aw congratulations. The fact he's made the effort to ask, and wants to marry you is fantastic. I wouldn't feel cheated by that.
My hubby wrote it in my birthday card :) my pressie was the ring. So no one knee proposal but I thought it was lovely.

My hubby proposed on a bungee ball in magalluf! He got them to stop it at the top and asked me there!everyone below could see on the monitors. A video (yes VHS!) is included in the price so we will always have it on tape.

My OH proposed to me while we were lying in bed watching Corrie! The one where Joe proposed to Gail. He kept saying "I've got something to ask you, I'm scared you'll say no, I think it might be too early" and I looked at him and told him to spit it out so he said "will you be my wife"... That was back in 2009 and we're still waiting on a wedding date lmao!

Congratulations, I wouldn't feel cheated because he wants to marry you but at the same time I had the most amazing, personal, surprise proposal which still makes me well up now! I wasn't expecting it ever, but now I wouldn't be without it, it was perfect!

At least he asked you :) My husband didn't ask at all, I got "oh, ok then, I'll marry you"

My sister got similar. It was her birthday and everyone kept asking when her and her OH were gonna get married and when they get home he said "shall we just get married then" haha. She told him he had to ask properly. I at least would like to be asked haha x

Congratulations!! :) I think you'll probably look back and laugh :) My husband proposed whilst we walking the dogs, literally just walking along, I think his actual line was 'shall we do it then?' I then burst into tears :) He was so nervous though and hadn't even planned it, he just said the moment surprised him!! So i dont think he could have done it any other way, I would have felt awkward too as the big romantic thing just isn't us!
He didn't buy a ring, his grandmothers ring had been waiting at his mums for months, I'm not sure he had even seen it! So although it wasn't the way it 'should' be, I'd rather it be our way anyway :)
I think you will look back and laugh and it will give you something to tell people!! :)
Have fun planning the wedding :)

Aww congratulations:)

Did you want the big romantic gesture? I personally think id be so embarrassed, tho if it was a personal thing with just 2 ppl that's fine. Restaurant proposel = no go haha

Xx

Ahh, don't be too hard on him! I think it's sweet! I wouldn't want the whole big romantic gesture bit - proposing in front of people, like in a restaurant etc, would not be my cup of tea at all, though some people love it. We were together 5 years and we went on holiday to Paris. Well I waited and waited and it never happened, so on the last day I cried and said you are never gonna propose, are you? He said he was going to do it some time towards the end of the year, maybe my birthday or Christmas, but seeing as I had suggested it why not just forget the proposal and get on with it! I said you're not getting out of it that easy, so we picked a ring when we got back, and he took me to our favourite beach and proposed by the waters edge with no one around but us, then took me out for a romantic meal with my new sparkler. Perfect!

I just remembered my friends engagement story, he had booked them a really posh resturant and planned to do it there, but she was in a bad mood and kicked up a huge fuss and refused to go (not knowing about the big question) they ended up on the beach with fish and chips, he proposed there instead....which was much more perfect for them!!! :)

Congratulations! :) I think that the suddenness of the proposal kind of makes it romantic as it's such a surprise.
I do understand how you feel though that you would have liked it to be a little more romantic. x

my ex proposed to me in such an awful way, he didn't even say "will you marry me?" he just gave me a ring & expected me to guess! :dohh: I said yes but I always felt dissappointed. :nope:

congratulations to you though hun! maybe go out for a meal or something to celebrate? :flower:

It all depends, some men get nervous at the romantic gesture. My oh proposed the way I've always imagined him to. I picked out a ring for my birthday, so a week before my birthday when he picked it up he got the ring out and told me get my left hand ready. I told him he might aswel go down on knee and asked. He asked and my reply? 'I guess its time to sign my life away' sounds harsh but its so us! Everyone else has said that is typically us lol.

We just decided to get married, but we didnt propose to each other. Each to their own, and going on a walk with your baby an husband can also be romantic :)

Thanks for sharing your stories ladies-anymore? Love to hear them.
We are going to go ring shopping this week-we have £400 will that be enough to buy anything or should we save longer? Am clueless!!
I am smiling about it now! He said he got nervous and was shaking! I thought he was cold lol x

Thanks for sharing your stories ladies-anymore? Love to hear them.
We are going to go ring shopping this week-we have £400 will that be enough to buy anything or should we save longer? Am clueless!!
I am smiling about it now! He said he got nervous and was shaking! I thought he was cold lol x

I think that's plenty there are some lovely rings out there for around and less than that price. Personally I wouldn't want a ring that cost anymore than that as I'd be too scared to ever wear it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->