he won't drink Help

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
I have been really worried about my little man.
He will get up in a morning and have a 5 oz bottle Stage 3 baby milk, then some breakfast normally something like ready brek with cows milk, then a sandwich and a yogurt and a fruit pot or some fruit. But he won't have a drink, then Tea time he will have some finger foods followed buy some purred veg with some sort of meat in it. But again no drink, then he will have about 5oz of baby milk before bed.
Sometimes he will have about 2 or 3 oz middle of the day but thats very rare.
I have been told to offer him some cows milk but I always thought he couldn't have it til he is a year old.
I have tried his baby milk, baby juice, the kids squash, water I have tried loads of different cups and bottle but he won't have anything. I have tried them warm and cold, he just won't have it.
He had laryngitis with his last tooth that came through and tonsillitis with the tooth before that and this is since then he used to have 6 bottle a day that went down to 4 when I weaned him then it gradually went down to 3 and now he will only have the 2 but only 5 oz he used to have 7oz and then want more.
Any ideas what I can do, I tell the health visitor and she says you need to try him and get him to drink more, but OMG how can I do that, He clamps his mouth shut and shakes his head like he is saying NO.
Sorry its so long, I am just really worried.
Luv Cheryl xxx

This is going to sound a bit odd but a friend of mine has trouble getting her LO to drink water so she mixes it with the last bits of puree and feeds it to him on a spoon - it seems to work for her. Do you think that might be worth a try? Its a bit of a long winded approach
Do you offer his milk in a bottle? Have you tried offering it in a doidy cup or a sippy cup instead? How about making his ready brek with formula and maybe mixing in a bit with his yoghurt - might help you up the oz?!

Thanks Hun, I will give that a go I think, I just can't get him to have any thing, He seems to hate cups of any type, He will only have his bottle for his milk that he does have.
Luv Cheryl xxx

He's about nine months right? It could be he's not ready for a cup, will he take milk or water from a bottle? You could try giving him some milk before his meal, maybe he'll take liquid if he's hungry.

Sometimes Darwin gets frustrated during a meal, and I finally figured out it's because he's thirsty. He won't switch from a spoon to a bottle halfway through so I get a small container of water and spoon some into his mouth until his thirst is satisfied, then he'll go back to eating his food. As rach said it's laborious, but it does work for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->