He won't eat lumpy foods-what to do?

K

keelykat

Basically Elliot will not eat the stage 2 jars/lumpy foods....and i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do? He does not like the lumps in his mouth, pulls a funny face then tries to spit it out and refuses to even try eating it! I've ended up going back to the smooth foods just so i know he's eaten something.

Also since his first tooth came through a few days ago, he has gone off fruit! He usually loves fruit and fruity youghurts/custard etc but now he pulls a face as if its sour/bitter and won't eat it!

I'm not sure what's going on in his head at the moment!

Help!!

zane wont eat the stage 2 jars either so i dont make him i just give him finger foods as snacks so he gets used to chewing :)

zanes teething but not off his food just doesnt sleep lol all babies react differently so just go with the flow aslong as hes eating i wouldnt worry

Elliot will eat them in his own time hun, dont worry.

Brooke is 9 months old this week and has only just started eating stage two jars and more lumpy food.
I carried on purreeing her food and giving her the stage 1 jars up until now. I tried once every two days with lumps but she wasn't having any of it.
Give her scrambled eggs tho and she'd eat those.. wierd kid.
Thought i would try her with one last Friday and hey presto! She's had lumps every ay since then.

He'll eat them when he's good and ready hun :)

I agree - dont worry, babies do it in their own time. 7 months is just guidance, there's plenty of time. Emms just gradually accepted more things as time went on, if he doesnt like it now, give it to him in a few weeks and see what he does. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"