He won't take the dummy anymore!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Josh use to LOVE his dummy but now he spit it out and hates it! He started sucking his thumb... Nooo!!!! I much rather he suck on a dummy than sucking his thumb because you can get rid of the dummy and not the thumb... :dohh:

Any tricks to make him suck on the dummy again?

Caitlin does both hes maybe just exploring his digits :D

Haven't changed dummies have you? Caitlins wouldn't take any dummy other than the tommee tippee ones! ::dohh:

Caitlin does both hes maybe just exploring his digits :D

Haven't changed dummies have you? Caitlins wouldn't take any dummy other than the tommee tippee ones! ::dohh:

No it's the same ones... Maybe I should try another kind. Hope he'll take it again!!! My brother was a thumb sucker and was sucking his thumb until he was 6-7 years old! :dohh:

A lot of kids do grow out of sucking their thumbs quite early though - if they're sucking on a dummy and you take it away they often look for something else to suck instead and end up sucking their thumb anyway (apparently thumb sucking is a sign of more advanced emotional development as they're finding ways to self-soothe...or something!) At least if he's sucking his thumb you won't have to keep putting the dummy back in for him when he loses it (especially if he has it at night), as he'll always be able to find his thumb! :D x

Try a different kind of dummy. It might be something he is just exploring. Then again my sister is 32 and still sucks her thumb :|

Lol yeh my mums 39 & still sucks her thumb

She forgets herself sometimes & does it on the bus or in the que at the supermarket lol

xx

Erica has started to do this too. I still give her her binkie and she will take it, but it seems like she prefers her thumb right now. She also sucks on her whole hand, and sometimes her wrist. Sometimes she even sucks on me, like my hand/arm/shoulder. Shes silly! It might just be a phase, hopefully cause I dont want Erica sucking her thumb either, but I'm not sure what to do to make them stop!

Only a small amount of children will continue to do this after the age of 6. I do no a girl who is 19, still suckin her thumb and its caused her alot of dental problems. But her parents never done anything to try stopping her sucking it x

Ok,let me tell you a story about my thumb sucking...

I sucked my thumb so often that when I was 3 the thumb infected and they wrapped it up in the hospital,I was crying all night till my sister took pity on me and unwrapped it so I put my INFECTED thumb back into my mouth.

But I did stop sucking at around the age of four-five.So thats the proof that even the biggest thumb sucking addicts stop.Not many kids will be doing it after age 6.

Agreeing with what nikky said about children giving it up, my little cousin wasnt allowed a dummy but her parents let her suck her thumb, she sucked it until about the age of 6 and her thumb was actually a different shape to her other thumb as she only sucked the right one, it was all thin and sort of shaped like a dummy is (hard to describe) and also her teeth didnt grow in properly, but she grew out of it and her thumb has filled out and teeth are fine now, so yeah, even the thumb addicts grow out of it :D

xx

Kira is doing the same hun, she is finding her thumb and her wrist and sucking on anything she can really. when i first gave kira a dummy she had boots dummy, then i brought one where i could attach it to her now she wouldn't take the boots dummy. so maybe try a different dummy

I hate dummies with a passion (too long a story to say why lol) none of my 3 hav had one its only my newest addition that has shown interest in her thumb but its not all the time its only been wen shes hungry and gettin frustrated waiting on me bringing her food lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->