Head so low midwife couldn't feel cervix

wannabemama24

Mama to Rylan & pregnant
Reaction score
According to the midwife at my doctor's office my baby's head is soooo low in my pelvis, she couldn't even feel if I'm dilated or anything. I'm 37 weeks and was hoping to get an idea if I was dilating or not. She did say it'll probably be a quick labor though because she is so low down and ready to go. Has this happened to anyone before? What was the outcome? I think it is so weird she couldn't feel what was going on with my cervix! She said her head is pushed down so far and my cervix is behind it. I've never heard of this before. Any thoughts?

I've not heard of not being able to find the cervix at all, however when I was about 38 weeks along my midwife had trouble finding mine because of the same issue, she kind of had to gently push to get in there, like push on the baby's head slightly lol. It took a few minutes. She also said I'd probably have a quick labor but I had a good solid 18 hours of labor so not sure if that part is true lol

Im finding thar hard to work out, if cervix is behind the head then you'd be at pushing part in labour. Im confused lol.

I cant answer your question but im 2-3cm with baby head low and she could feel it.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. I'm not sure what to make of it. My doctor was out of the office and I'm hoping to get an answer when I see her next week.

My son was so low my cervix got stuck behind his head, he was face up, it meant a long and dramatic labour for me. Hoping for different this time round.

I don't know either. But its great that baby is ready for birth! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->