Head Vs Heart?

nessajane

Reaction score
Ill Explain...

Basically we are unsure when to start TTC No.2, i want a smallish age gap between our kids so ideally we should start trying now for a 2.5 year gap this is what my head is telling me to do, but my heart is just not in it atm :shrug: im worried about coping with 2 children, being pregnant again, having PND again :cry:

Im bridesmaid next september for my BF so catching pregnant next year is a no no as i dont want to be a pregnant bridesmaid but if we wait till after then there will be a 4 year age gap :dohh:

i have to decide sooonn :wacko:

If it was me i'd go for it!! you can never tell how long its gonna take to concieve, 2 1/2 years is a good age gap (much bigger than any of mine), personally lokking at my kids i think they get so much out of each other having a small age gap, and love playing with each other. I don't know much about pnd, but if you are aware of it u can monitor it and get on meds as soon as u can see the signs!! and it may not happen 2nd time!! fingers crossed!!
of course pregnancy will be harder when you already have a child to look after, but if you look at the big picture, its only really 8 months out of your life, which isn't much reallly!!
of course only u can make a decision like this....... good luck!! :)

I'm generally a big fan of doing what your heart tells you. Even if it's not practical or whatever if it's what you feel is right in your heart then you'll make it work. It is a difficult decision though and only you know what feels like the right choice. What does your OH think? Maybe since you know that PND is a possibility OH could make a real effort and take on the lions share of looking after the kiddies initially?

x

I tend to go with my heart!
Although I would start trying if I were you, because like has been said you never know how long it is going to take to catch! :)

My OH would quite like to try in december when tyler turns 2 but i will more than likely to PG for my BF wedding and really wanted to aviod that but he is saying that us putting out plans on hold for a wedding is silly :(

Im not too worried about the PND as i know what to look out for next time and can nip it in the butt, but its just adding to it all... i think tbh my main issue is coping with 2 children but i suppose it cant be too bad :shrug: I mean lots of women cope!!

a lot of women certainly do cope honey, and course you would cope, but i think you should follow both your head and your heart, and find a compromise.
for us, ttc and having a baby was and is about both head and heart. for our heart, we wanted a baby and now we would love another way. but our head tells us this, but it also says, that waiting for another is right, and my heart no's this, if that makes sense? i never wanted to just cope, i suppose i always want things to be as near perfect as they can before, and for us, that mean's waiting atm.
not sure how much help i'm being sweetie, i hope you can both decide soon :hugs: and when ever you do have another one, i'm 100% sure you will be an amazing mummy to 2 :hugs: xx

I know what you mean carly :hugs:

For me i would love Tyler to have a sibling and yes another baby would be lovely but in the back of my mind i cant help but feel that im no where near ready, then i feel selfish and think of tyler and how nice it would be for him to have a brother/sister close in age to play with/grow up with iygwim?

yep nessa, i completely understand :hugs: i think as a mummy we feel guilty what ever we do :dohh: i feel guilty for wanting another, i'm an only one and it was wonderful, but i would have loved a sibling, so like you i then think, oh i feel guilty for waiting. and i no i'm a perfectionist too, and like everything to be just so. it's so hard!

but i do think, when ever you have another one, will be the right time, if that makes sense? i always think when number 2 comes along it will be just as wonderful, and manic :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->