Headache - 1 week after birth

JWandBump

Reaction score
So my LO is only a week old but everyday since his birth I've woke up with a banging headache and it lasts until I go to bed.

I had my LO 5weeks early and he's currently still in special care at our hospital 40mins away so everyday I'm driving up and down there plus looking after my 2 year old. I end up going to sleep about 11 and waking up anytime between 7 & 8am.

Do you think my constant headache is just down to the over tiredness and stress of everything or should I make a doctors appointment? X

Did you have an epidural? It sounds like it could be an epidural headache. If it is, it will probably keep getting more and more intense, but only when you're standing or sitting up. They go away if you lie down. I had one and had to get a blood patch (like a second epidural done in theatre) to stop the spinal fluid leaking which causes the headache. By five days after my birth I though I was going to die from the pain of the headache. By the time I got to hospital for the blood patch I couldn't sit up without feeling like my head was going to explode. The procedure worked, though quite unpleasant, and the next day I felt soooo much better.

I hope it's just a run of the mill headache and you can take some painkillers and feel better but if it is an epidural headache you will feel so much better when they fix it!

Thank you for your reply, no i diddnt have an epidural tho. I think its just all down to stress, my emotions and tiredness (well i hope so).

If it continues tho i will be making a doctors appointment xx

I would call your provider just in case. I've had a persistent headache for over a day now and my OB made me come in for a check up. Turns out my blood pressure has spiked and there is protein in my urine. He suspects postpartum pre-e. It's better to be on the safe side! Hope you feel better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->