Headaches, when to worry?

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
For this past week I've been getting pretty bad headaches everyday, starting a few hours after I wake up. They start off mild but build as the day goes on. Nothing relieves them, I thought maybe I was hungry or thirsty but eating and drinking doesn't help. The only thing that seems to help is sleep, but as soon as I wake up it'll start up within an hour or so. I know headaches can be a sign of preeclampsia but my blood pressure has been near perfect each time I go to the doctor. We did hear a strong heartbeat yesterday of 169-170 and my OB said everything looked good as far as my hormones and stuff. I completely forgot to bring up the headache thing because as soon as someone asks if I have a question I can't think.
I know headaches are normal in pregnancy, because of hormonal changes but when should I worry? I've also had no kind of spotting or cramping and will be 12 weeks tomorrow.
Has anyone else had anything like this and been fine? I think if it lasts until next week I'll call the clinic and ask about it but I just don't want to push it off if it could be serious.

It would be to early to be pre eclampsia Hun. And I no how horrible the headaches are. They will pass. Just make sure you are getting plenty of sleep xx

I've been suffering a lot from headaches from week 11+
Il wake up just fine, and like you few hours in I feel like I've been hit on the head with a hammer. I can't get sleep because of my toddler who is driving me coo :(

Uuuhhhhh the headaches. I feel your pain! I've had then on and off from about 10 weeks. I've had one now for four days. It goes away late evening but is there when I wake up. Horrible!

Mine started early and had just been increasing to the point I wanna cut my head off. Dr Sao. It's completely normal. I'm just counting down to 20-22 weeks when the hormones ebb.

I used to get horrific migraines. But subsided when I cut out wheat from my diet. I have a feeling this is gonna happen again and soon. Hoping that helps.

Good look and drink lots of water!!!

it could be the increase in hormones.

or, have you tried some caffiene if you've recently given it up? A little is okay, and a lack of can cause some people headaches...

Thanks for all the replies, I'm sure its just hormonal since I don't have any blurred vision or anything. I started drinking one can of soda or a glass of tea everyday a few weeks ago because I literally was so sick of just water 24/7 but I normally don't get caffeine headaches.

Depending on where you live, it could also be allergies. I've been having terrible sinus headaches over the past week or so.

:hugs: So sorry about the headaches. I hope they ease up on you asap!

I get migraines. When it's not a migraine it's a headache. I think it started when I was 6 weeks :wacko:
I do take a slightly stronger than regular pill, but still pregnancy approved. It works for about an hour. Sleep, water, nothing helps. It's pretty bad.
I suffer from headaches and migraines when I'm not pregnant as well, so I am "used" to it, but man, I need a break :(
I brought it up with my doctor, he said I could see a neurologist, but I've seen one before, it's all in my head ;)
Just kidding, all's normal, nothing scrambled inside, I just get headaches.
It is heredity, more so from Mother to Daughter, my Mom doesn't have though, and I sure hope I don't pass this crap on to my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->