Headaches??

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Anyone else suffering with headaches? I've had one every day for the last week or so. I go to bed with it and wake up with it. I've have taken paracetamol on occasion but don't really want to be taking them every day for a prolonged period of time. They are making me feel sick and the light is starting to hurt :( they seem to be worse when I'm lay down. I suffered with them in my last pregnancy but not until the 30 odd weeks.

Me today :( sorry you are too ! This is my worst day to date I feel so poorly with nausea and my head ... my poor 3 year old has been so good playing mario all day but I feel guilty for not being able to pay him attention :( I really hope you feel better soon xxx if your worried about your reaction to the light you could ring your doctor maybe xxxx

Yes think they very common I had them often between 6-10weeks. Not so bad now but still get one every couple days.

Try drinking lots of fluids hun. You can get headaches in early pregnancy from being dehydrated. I had them badly the day I found out and the day after. Once I started drinking more than I normally did it went away. It was because I was not used to having to share my drinks with the baby! :haha:

I know I definitely haven't been drinking enough. I probably have 1 coffee first thing then a bottle of water that lasts me the whole day and then a sneaky can of caffeine free Coke. I Defo need to drink more. I'm 12 weeks today so thought I would be feeling better but the headaches are just awful. I few bad for not having the energy to interact with my little lady. Thanks girls. I'll try drinking some more xxx

Congrats on 12 weeks! :D

I've had them since week 11 and they are a plague. I keep trying to stay off Tylenol as much as I can as well... It's really a torture. Just had one today again. Lots of fluids and sugar sometimes helps. If I go to sleep with a headache I will wake up with it.

I have chronic headaches/migraines and the one thing that always helped is LARGE doses of caffeine which I obviously can't do now... My recipe used to be 800mg of Excedrin and a Red Bull... Now it's drink some water, close your eyes and relax....

Try always having a drink with you whether it's in your bag, or just a glass on the side in the house. It usually helps me remember to drink xx

Drank loads yesterday and still had headache all day. Woke up with it too. Perhaps it's just the hormones and it's going to one of those things I'll have to deal with throughout the whole pregnancy. I really hope not though :( x

I'm so sorry to hear about all the headache suffering going on! I haven't had too many headaches during this pregnancy, but I get them all the time.

Try using an ice pack or a package of frozen peas wrapped in a washcloth on your face or neck. You could also put your feet in a tub of warm water, and if you have some essential oils, a few drops of lavender or mint tend to make me feel a little better. By the way, I definitely do all that in a dark room.

I hope you all feel better soon.

Just checked on those essential oils. The lavender is pregnancy safe starting second semester. Maybe some lavender lotion could be a substitute for first semester.

Unfortunately lavender gives me headache so can't use it. I suffered with them pre pregnancy but never like this. :( hopefully they will go soon once hormones settle properly. Thank you x

So sorry you are still having headaches :hugs:.

Owww got terrible headaches for the last two days - my head feels like it could explode with pressure and the light and standing up quickly makes it pound.

Found this thread and it reassures me that I'm not alone.

11+4 - hoping they stop soon x

I had them during my last pregnancy. They would last for between 2-4 days at a time and I would get them around once a week. But they went away after 5 weeks or so.

I got my first one the other day and it lasted 3.5 days. It was awful, and I really hope it isn't the start of weeks to come.

The only thing that works is time. I just have to wait for it to go away. No amount of water, sleep or panadol makes it go away.

I suffered BAD with headaches with my two boys and am just dreading them making an appearance soon with this one too!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->