Headaches :(

x Zaly x

Mum of three
Reaction score
I know having headaches is something that people talk about quite a lot when pregnant but wow this headache I've had since yesterday seems to be getting worse. Its so intense and just constant. Paracetamol doesn't do much and I've been drinking a lot of water but nothing seems to be really helping.

Anyone else suffering with me? And any tips i can try? And is it something to worry about? xx

Hi hun, have youvtried aspirin? I suffer with headaches during pregnancy and when not pregnant. I'm sure you can take them as that's what my doctor prescribed me. But that was also due to high blood pressure.

If they're getting worse book an appointment to see ur doctor they should be able to help. Also try and sleep as much as you can with the headache as it will give you time to rest.

Are you under any stress at all? Anything different you ate? Try not to drink caffeinated drinks as they will make headaches worse.

X

I've been starting to get frequent headaches this past week and it's made me nervous because of my history of pre-e. How's your water intake? It's worth mentioning to your doctor if they continue and/or get worse.

I got migraines in my first few months of pregnancy with my last 2 babies, I found caffeine helped heaps, either an espresso or a glass of coke

4head helps me, I always get horrible headaches in pregnancy and this really helps, as its not medicinal you can apply it constantly, dh massaging my forehead also helps.

I had them with ds and again this pg. I use a frozen eye mask which helps.

I get horrible sinus headaches whilst pregnancy. Sudafed and Tylenol is a life saver.

I suffer headaches normally but since being pregnant they've escalated. My last one was one side of my head, I was being sick, and it seemed to get worse when lying down, coughing or standing up. I was eventually admitted into hospital. I was diagnosed with too much spinal fluid. Quite common in pregnancy. I saw a neurologist who gave me a lumbar puncture which instantly cleared my headache. It was bliss. One of the major signs of this is a headache that gets worse with coughing or position. I felt like in some positions there was a pressure build up. I am now on propranolol as a prevention. It also has benefits as it's a beta blocker it helps your bp. Handy for me as I also had preeclampsia in my 1st pregnancy.

So my point is if your headache feels anything like I've described please get medicine help. In the uk I called 111 and was sent down to a&e. They weren't interested in me going to the doctors. Another reason a headache can make your bp go up and if you've had it for 2 days and have been vomiting or haven't been eating or drinking properly then you may also be starving baby of things it needs. I'll never underestimate a headache again! Please get checked out of any of this rings true to you.

Don't take an NSAID without your docs permission. Generally Tylenol is considered the safest pain reliever in pregnancy. You can purchase Tylenol with caffeine which can help headaches. If you want a more natural route you can dab a tiny bit of peppermint oil around your hairline and neck, it can help take the bite out of a headache.

Thank you very much for the helpful tips and information ladies. My headaches have calmed down bit but still a dull ache i think its just normal pregnancy headaches and theres nothing that gives me real concern. Its mostly just annoying to be honest but I'm upping my water intake majorly and seems to be taking the edge off.

Thanks again xx

Headaches in women are often caused by hormones. Headaches can get worse in the first few weeks of pregnancy, but at a later stage it improves or stops completely during the last six months. But it will not harm your baby. Try a daily walk, other moderate aerobic exercise, deep breathing, yoga, massage and visualisation. However, if you develop a severe headache or a headache that doesn't go away, call your health care provider. Avoid hot, stuffy spaces and strong odours. Some foods (including chocolate, cheese, ice cream and processed meats) can trigger headaches, so avoid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->