Heading into the land of "You don't breastfeed her anymore, right?"

I have fought so hard to get to this point. I still have supply issues and some pain when BF, but it was so much harder months ago. We have been through Tongue tie, and upper and lower lip ties and their releases. We do CST and exercises to help with latch. I am so proud to have been able to get this far and it was hurtful to me to have anybody react that way. I am not going to stop or anything, but it is nice to have people understand how important it is for my baby to have the best and for us to have this bond. He is a miracle and will probably be my only child. I am not rushing his childhood because others are uncomfortable.

I think it's absolutely touching how much you've gone through to have a nursing relationship with your son. He's lucky to have you as a mom. Many happy nursing years ahead for you two!
Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me. :flower: Most people say things like "it's not the end of the world if you give formula" when he was newborn or now that he is old enough to not need BM anymore. I disagree. He is very healthy and has a strong immune system. I believe it is due to breast milk and also that he doesn't have a compromised immune system from any medications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->