Heading off a blocked duct!

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
ARG! I think I am developing a blocked duct. Drat it. I woke up this morning with super soreness in a localized area on the underside of my right bb -- I think it was a combo of laying on that side all night and my bra being pushed up wrong and constricting that area. :dohh:

Anyway -- It is very sore today. I work full time and pump at work, so pumped that side to super empty this morning -- also did heat compresses and massage. I chose a bra that I can push rather low to keep away from the offended area.

Of course it is still very achy! :wacko:

Any other sure fire tips for resovling it before it gets worse???

TIA! :thumbup:

Massaging the area, getting little one to suck there more, feeding in a different position (to hopefully give LO better access to that particular duct) massage it whilst feeding/pumping, warm compress.. can't think of anything else I'm afraid.
They can be bloody painful, I hope it clears soon! xx

when i had one i did all of the things you mentioned plus slept with the affected area on a hot water bottle all night (kept reheating it), it cleared up within the day. I think you have to be quite forcefull with the massage and do it as much as you can, not just when lo is feeding. a hot bath and massage is effective too. hope it clears for you soon x:hugs:

i tried a hot wet flannel - dont know if it helped but worth a go x

I use hot water bottles, but best thing is when LO is latched on and his hands are kneading away at the boob.

Thanks Ladies!

I kept up the massage and heat as much as possible, put LO on that bb first and made him drain it dry dry (much to his frustration when he wanted to switch! LOL), and I think it is better today! Still a little tender, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. :thumbup: FX it continues to improve.

I appreciate the help! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->