headlice/nits on 20 mth old help please

allyk

Mummy to DD, Preg with #2
Reaction score
I have also posted this in toddlers section however i believe this is more common in this age group - despaerate for help!!!

My 20 mth old has started scratching her head the last few days, so i got my mum to check her head today and she has found 1 headlouse. My dd has a real issue with people touching her hair so its not easy to use a comb on her to check. Went out and bought some headlice spray only to find it says not to be used on under 2 year old on it!!!

Does anyone know how to treat this in under 2's (i am also 5 days overdue with number 2 so needs to be safe for me to use too!!) My head is itching but not sure if its just coz theyre bugs!!!

Any advice would be GRATEFULLY accepted.

No experience but I know a combo of apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil is safe and effective for lice. One cup of vinegar/2 tbs tea tree. Good luck! and wash everything!

A nitty gritty comb is very effective and means no chemicals,if you can get your daughter to sit still and have it done its very straightforward.

Hi, I just got finished with head lice use oil then a comb there are headlice combs out there. Cooking oil helps the eggs get loose so the comb can take them right out. The other girls are right as well. And yes do wash everything everyday put all stuffed animals in garbage bags for 2 weeks vaccum everything if u have carpets all over shampoo with hot water. When u go through hair and find bugs put them under hot water imediatly. Its hard and stressful but it will be over.. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->