Heads Up, Sookie Fans!

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
For those of you who have read the series of books that True Blood is based on, we get another Sookie novel in a few short weeks! :happydance:
"Dead Reckoning" (Book 11) is due out May 3 and you can read the first chapter of the book already on Charlaine Harris' website:
https://www.charlaineharris.com/DeadReck_1.html

Anyone care for a discussion thread of the latest book?
Estelseren, I'm counting on you for some good debate! :)

Ohhhhh Im glad I spotted this!! I loved the books but don't watch the tv series (though have season one on dvd yet to watch!)

Will have to take 5-10mins and read chapter one online :thumbup:

Come back and speculate with me on what you think is going to happen! The synopsis says that Pam and Eric go after Victor in this book, but there are always about 32 subplots happening in Sookie novels, so who knows what else will unfold in this one?

oh i clicked on this thinking you said snookie :rofl:

Ah!
believe it or not, I have never seen that show, but I have heard references to "snookie" - she's the extra crazy one, I believe?

she's adorable in a crazy way!

oooh thank you. Off to read it now! Yay!

Sounding fantastic ---- love how it goes from a bit slow to bang. Action! Love Eric ---- though think i may prefer Bill.....not sure......hmmmm

I think Bill is out for the long run with Sookie. I can see him coming back and dying to protect her or something like that, but I think their hot romance is done. Too much vested in Eric at this point. I'm waiting to see if Sookie gets pregnant somehow. I know she can't with a vamp, but there have been too many allusions to it for that possibility to not be reaiized.

I have it on pre-order, have done for months! Lol!

Based on the blurb that has been released, I'm anticipating some form of take over bid by Eric and Pam! I read the fan fiction and this is a classic storyline as is pregnant Sookie (actually usually by Eric due to some sort of fairy magic/ divine intervention!) so I kind of hope that Charlaine Harris doesn't go down that line, whilst at the same time wanting to know her take on it.

Really hate the new UK cover though! It's horrible! I really disliked the True Blood ones too, but in some ways I preferred them to this!
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hack4VG7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Beca :wave:

Hi Estelseren! :hi:
Just saw your ticker - huge congrats, girl! :happydance:

I prefer the Lisa Desimini covers, too.

Just finished reading Dead Reckoning. All I can say is OMG!!! Major plot overload, lots of usually rather shocking revelations and explanations! Some major upheaval and lots of REALLY heavy emotional stuff! Unlike any of the other books, lighthearted fluffy moments are few and far between! I'm sitting here shaking and half crying, though that might be pregnancy helping me get more heavily emotionally involved in the stories! Definitely need to read it again to get everything straight in my head before I let my husband read it, or maybe once my husband's read it so I can actually discuss it with him as we go! I couldn't put it down really, although there were a few moments when I had to to straighten everything out in my head because it had actually gotten just a little too much! One of my friends called it a disappointment because CH has tried to pack too much in and it fell flat in her opinion! I definitely disagree though! However, it may well take a few reads to sort it all out in your head because the first couple of chapters have enough plot lines for 3 or 4 novels all on their own!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->