health visitor came yesterday

twins6410

premmie boy/girl twin
Reaction score
health visitor came yesterday for the twins 6month corrected ages check up, and she said they are doing amamzin and that they are really forward :)

was just wondering what all you babies was doing around 6months corrected age?

i know all babies are different but im just curious
and do exstrem prem babies not put weight on as quick as "normal" babies?

and do exstrem prem babies not put weight on as quick as "normal" babies?

All babies put on weight at different rates. I've been plotting Andrew's weight on WHO low-birthweight charts since his birth, and he has been increasing his weight in line with the curves on that chart. So he *is* putting on the same amount of weight as other babies, he just had a much lower starting point! However, for the last 12 months the Paediatrician has been nagging me because she'd rather he put on additional weight and started climbing the graph - only now is she happy to accept that his gain is steady.

my little girl is on the 25th line for everything, weight head and length but my boy is on the 25th for length and head but the 9th for his weight, the HV told me not to worry he will be a tall slim boy.
i mean olivia is 14lb 4 and james is 14lb14 but is 4cm tallen then olivia, i just dont get how he is 'underweight' he doesnt seem it

I wouldn't worry, both of my boys are on the 25th for weight now but on the 75th for height. HV said that they are just going to be tall and slim! With my boys, I think because they had such a low birthweight they never had the chubby cheeks or rolls of fat on their legs & wrists like other babies, and they have just used the unbelievable amount of food that they eat growing upwards rather than outwards!

Alex was 'on target' for 6 months corrected but it's something I don't even discuss now, I know many preemies born about Alexs gestation who are so, so different, have different issues etc, so I never compare to other preemies.

Andrew is on the -3SD line for weight & head circumference, but is soaring above that on the 0.4th line for his height. I made a point of asking the Paediatrician whether I should be concerned about possible underweight, and she said "No, he's just long & slim".

Chloe was on target and Jaycee was a little behind. She has always been smaller.

On the charts; all the weights/heights etc represented are normal, its just say if your baby is on the 25th percentile only 25 babies out of 100 will weigh the same as; or less than that, but its the same with the 75th; only 25 babies will weigh the same as or more than that; one of my full term boys lost a lot of weight after birth and consequently took a long time to catch up; he was between the 2nd and 9th percentile but he was perfectly healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->