Health visitor is visiting

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
I got a letter in the post the other day letting me know my Health Visitor is visiting me in March, im just wondering what happens on this visit? is this just for us to get to know each other first? will she want to look around my home?
Im a bit weary as i have 3 dogs and all like to make noise when someone (especially someone new) comes into our home, they arent nasty dogs, my bitch is very curious and kinda screeches but one of my males has a deep bark, we keep them in the kitchen when people come over as they are really giddy, as we dont have a kitchen door we have a kind of gate there so it keeps them in, they always jump up at that, or they are in their crate.
I dont want her to come and think my dogs will be a nuisance when the baby arrives :s

I've not known them come before the babies here so not sure but I'd imagine its just a visit to see if you're all prepared and how you are feeling etc. Maybe give you some info on breastfeeding or bottlefeeding, how to bath baby, how to put baby to sleep etc.

We only saw our hv once about 11 days after Callum was born, whenever he got weighed or checked it wasnt by our hv but at a surestart by different hvs/nursery nurses

Xx

Hmmm i wonder why shes coming out like 2 month before then :s xx

I had the mw visit a month or so before i was due. I think it was to check the house was suitable for a baby (in the most basic possible way, like not a drug den or something). It could be that.

Its to be nosey lol :p that's the bluntest way to put it... they don't do it in all areas... but we used to have a joke around here how about half way through the app they would make an excuse to use your bathroom or kitchen to wee/wash their hands.. obviously will be different all around the country and they have stopped it now here but it was amusing lol x

I think it's just to build up a relationship with you, my friend is training as a health visitor and she said she would like to meet all her mums before, so they can build a relationship and she can give advise, I guess to push things like breastfeeding etc too.

I had my visit yesterday. Didn't get one first time. Apparently the government wants all expectant mums to get an antenatal visit. We just talked about how the pregnancy is going and what impact the baby will make on our family, what support is available etc. It was fine. I understand why they'd do it for first time mums, but I've had HV visits before and know what to expect, so it was a bit of a waste of time.

I'm also expecting a visit in Feb, they never used to do this...im sure its just to talk about baby arriving and how we are feeling xx

Well if they come and visit here before baby is born, they'll be greeted by a building hell hole!!!

thanks for the replies ladies, i was worried at first because my previous home was in a state of disrepair and it looked awful, i asked my MW wether there are any home visits before baby is born, she said 'not usually unless we think there is a risk factor, for example if they think the expectant mother is suffering domestic abuse or is basically a druggy/alcoholic'
My house is always clean but always messy too, we are the least organised people in the world and end up with takeaway menus, months worth of letters and just random crap piled up on random tables, i feel like the house will have to be spotless when she comes.
I spoke to a friend who had her baby about 5 months ago, she said her HV came before she was due just to meet her and ask if she is prepared and give some info leaflets, she didnt want to look around the house just wanted to introduce her self first, which seems fair :)

thanks for the replies ladies, i was worried at first because my previous home was in a state of disrepair and it looked awful, i asked my MW wether there are any home visits before baby is born, she said 'not usually unless we think there is a risk factor, for example if they think the expectant mother is suffering domestic abuse or is basically a druggy/alcoholic'
My house is always clean but always messy too, we are the least organised people in the world and end up with takeaway menus, months worth of letters and just random crap piled up on random tables, i feel like the house will have to be spotless when she comes.
I spoke to a friend who had her baby about 5 months ago, she said her HV came before she was due just to meet her and ask if she is prepared and give some info leaflets, she didnt want to look around the house just wanted to introduce her self first, which seems fair :)

This is us as well - and even if i tidy it really good somehow two days later the table is piled with crap again! I don't know how it happens! :blush:

HAHAH least im not alone, i just cant help it, i go to other peoples house and im like 'erm wheres all your junk' some people tend to have a junk drawer or cupboard. nope not us, we just leave it at our arses :) even when i do tidy up, i move it from one table to another or pick it up, hold it, look around and say 'well where does this go' haha ooppsss need to be a bit more organised for when baby comes though i think :) xxx

Haha, we usually have letters etc piled up. I just shoved it all in a draw before she arrived lol.

oh my drawers are shoved full, and in the summer i sorted out my entire living room, put boxes upon boxes in the loft, yet it is still a bloody mess!!

I honestly think they are checking up, but as soon as they walk through the door and know immediately if they need to look around or not. We are not talking piles of mess around the place, or dirty dishes. More like the kind of stuff you see on the news.

id love for my house to be spotless all the time but in reality, it just doesnt happen LOL i dont live in a show house, nor do i try to, i praise the people that can be bothered to wash every dish as soon as they have used it, dry it and put it away, wash every splash they make on the cooker and wipe every grain of sugar they drop.. im just not one of them people and my HV will probably see that when she comes to my house, i just hope i dont get one of them arsy ones that will complain at the fact i have 3 dogs who like to be heard or about everything out of place x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->