Health Visitors weaning talk?

x-Rainbow-x

Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben
Reaction score
my health visitor is coming out sometime next week to talk about weaning Alex.

what do they talk about??

what if i decide to do baby lead weaning??

They just talk about what foods to start them off on and how much and if you will be making the food yourself ect and answer any questions you have xx

pretty early to start talking about weaning! iv never knowen the HV to come out too talk about it hun so i have no idea sorry!

wow, that's early!

Mine started at Niamh's 5 month check, and I told her I was going with BLW. She asked about it, I explained it to her and she was very interested to the point she's gone out and got some books on it. However, when Niamh wasn't gaining weight (she never has gained properly, always been low) she started trying to push conventional early weaning on me. I stuck to my guns, and everything has worked out perfectly fine :)

I got aidens weaning talk at 16 weeks & he had to be weaned at 17 weeks, At the end of the day hun health visitors are only there too advise you they cant make you do anything unless its going to harm the child if that makes sense x

i as at the baby group last wed and i heard the health visitor telling somone that 18-20 weeks is the ideal time to start weaning.

i was like well im not weaning alex that early, in terms of weaning i am going by his corrected age with him being 5 weeks early and leaving it as late as i can

but would be prepared to give him something to help him have more dirty nappies as i would prefer this to the lactulose i have to give him now

I had too wean aiden at 17 weeks cause he was waking during the night again after sleeping right threw from 7weeks old, he was screaming after having a 9oz bottle it just wasn't satisfying him anymore and he started loosing a little weight x

im lucky if i can get 4-5 oz into alex and he is 13 weeks this week, he put on 10oz this week so must be enough

I'm still waiting for the weaning talk....AJ is 8 months on Sunday!

My HV didn't come out but a community nurse. She just said which foods to start with, what to avoid before 6 months, gave me some booklets and answered questions. Also explained the benefits of home made food and told me to keep his diet varied to avoid him being fussy later on.
I think they come out early as a just in case - althought the guidelines are 6 months lots of people start before so they need to get the advice out there in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->