Healthier snacks

Pne1985

Reaction score
I am having major food adversions. Seriously the only thing that sounds good to me usually is breads, pastas but my body is growing everywhere. I need some ideas of some healthier options to eat. Evenings aren’t bad, so I can eat almost anything then but throughout the day is hard. I’m struggling with figuring out what to eat. I just want fried food or carbs!

I have no suggestions. I have the same problem. Carbs is basically the only thing that doesn’t seem revolting at this point.

Carbs are my weakness this pregnancy even though I'm usually more of a protein person normally. I've been eating so much pasta and bread. I've found I can also eat fruit, so I've been snacking on that as much as possible and soups seem edible to me with smaller portions of bite sized chicken or beef. I can't handle too much meat in one sitting or I feel off.

Perhaps some no sugar added granola or energy bars?

All I keep wanting is biscuits with a cup of tea. Or cookies as you all call them across the pond.
I always wanted pasta in the earlier stages but I had some the other day I just cudnt eat it because I feel so sick.
I'm liking fruit. Esp plums. Anything juicy is very appealing. I'm also wanting orange juice rite now which is weird because I'm not a big fan of it.
I think I feel more thirsty than hungry but I have got a virus of some kind so that may be why.
I'm also loving peanut M&Ms I've gone through a few big bags of them lol:oops:

Ladies I feel you so much on the carbs, I am gaining weight so quickly because of it! I wouldn’t care but I’m only 5 foot so I’m going to be as big around as I am tall before I know it! Haha
I can’t handle fruit! I’m going to cut up a watermelon and pineapple today and pick at that when I get hungry.
I could try granola, I’ll have to find some healthier no sugar added ones! Or maybe I can attempt to make my own!

Suggerhoney, At least you are craving better stuff now! Pasta doesn’t even sound that appetizing to me either actually, I guess it’s just more bread products. As for the candy, I’ve been into that too which isn’t helping. Not every day but when I go for it, I eat more than I should!

I’m hoping second trimester calms my stomach down, plus it hopefully be nicer here so I will be able to get out and walk more!

My food aversions are ridiculous. I don't fancy ANYTHING, and I've gone off everything. The smell of bread makes me sick, the texture of pasta makes me sick, sweet foods make me sick, hot food in general makes me sick, the only food I can eat is Chinese food and that's the only thing I fancy ever, and I camt order a chinese every night, that's plain disgusting hahaha I cant eat fruit only grapes, and yoghurts are appealing to me right now, I'm worried about my calorie intake as it is as I cant eat a thing, I've also gone off meat. It completely mirrors my first pregnancy which was a girl!

My partner wants Chilli tonight... in already dreading cooking the beef mince, I know the smell will make me worse!

The only thing I really enjoy these days is fizzy flavoured water, lemon and lime.. elderflower.... anything, I'm so so worried I'm gonna end up making myself seriously ill if I don't eat :(

I'm a sucker for the sweet stuff as well. I wudnt say I've had any proper real cravings yet but I think that will be coming in the next few weeks. At the moment its sweet stuff. I've put on 4lbs so far. I lost some weight in early pregnancy but have now gained 4lbs.
Anyone else get days where they dont feel very hungry at all?

I had my scan yesterday on my liver and kidneys and had a little glimpse at baby. I cant believe how much he/she has grown and has really long legs.
Didnt get any measurements but will get them on Tuesday at my dating scan.
Was awesome seeing baby again but I am nervous about the dating scan because they do the checks for chromosome adnormiltys. I also will have a blood test done which will give me a low or high risk chance but I'm just praying baby is healthy. Looked great yesterday but I'm no expert. But being 39 I'm worried.

12 weeks today going by my last scan at 9 weeks and a day so will be interesting to get the measurements next week. Think it will be bang on but we shall see.
I got put forward a whole week with DD so I went from 12 to 13 weeks in the space of 20 mins it was great
Any of u got any scans coming up or do u have to wait for the 12-13 weeks dating scan?

Oh HLx, that sounds horrible! What if you make your own Chinese? It would be healthier and you can add whatever veggies for the nutrition. Maybe it’s the salt you are craving? I was reading that when your body is craving something, don’t ignore it, because you must require it. Obviously you’re body wouldn’t be craving the Chinese food but it’s always salty from the soy sauce so maybe that’s why?

Sugger, that’s great! I probably gained 4 lbs within the 2 days I was first pregnant. I can’t stop thinking about food! This first trimester is killing me. I have calmed down on the bread and trying to go for a little more healthier options. The adversions don’t seem horrible right now but are still there and actually ground beef in chili sounds good to me so maybe I’m in need of some iron? I’m glad your scan went well! I can’t wait for your next!

I finally have my first appointment tomorrow. It’s just with the nurse and I would imagine they would do an ultrasound to confirm but I can’t remember. I feel like I’ve known forever and have been waiting for this to make sure that babe is actually in there and measuring good!

Oh HLx, that sounds horrible! What if you make your own Chinese? It would be healthier and you can add whatever veggies for the nutrition. Maybe it’s the salt you are craving? I was reading that when your body is craving something, don’t ignore it, because you must require it. Obviously you’re body wouldn’t be craving the Chinese food but it’s always salty from the soy sauce so maybe that’s why?

Sugger, that’s great! I probably gained 4 lbs within the 2 days I was first pregnant. I can’t stop thinking about food! This first trimester is killing me. I have calmed down on the bread and trying to go for a little more healthier options. The adversions don’t seem horrible right now but are still there and actually ground beef in chili sounds good to me so maybe I’m in need of some iron? I’m glad your scan went well! I can’t wait for your next!

I finally have my first appointment tomorrow. It’s just with the nurse and I would imagine they would do an ultrasound to confirm but I can’t remember. I feel like I’ve known forever and have been waiting for this to make sure that babe is actually in there and measuring good!

That's a good idea actually hun, I'd probably struggle with cooking it because smells set my sickness off too hahaha but I will give it a go! I only fancy cold food right now which I've never had before in other pregnancies, and lots of liquids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->