Healthiest thing on the Chinese menu?

kmumtobe

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
So im on a diet and its takeout night for my dads birthday so cant avoid it. Now I know none of its healthy but somes gotta be worse than others.. So what do ya reckon I should order? :flower:

The healthest would be to eat the menu :rofl:

Rice will be ok and i wouldnt have a clue with the rest. Defo not chicken/pork balls. Id probs go for chow mein as its mainly noodles

Im on a diet aswell and i had take out pizza last night - once wont cause much damage

Ha love it, yeh I know just when I eat something bad I see me on the treadmill at the gym the next day having to run extra fast and quite frankly that's embarrassing so I'm doing my best to be good! :haha:

i ate chinese while on weight watchers. i researched it good lol. 1 cup of wonton soup with 2 noodles good. 1 cup whatever lo mein or fried rice. sucks cause you have to measure it out, though.....

Wonder if I cud work banana fritters into my 5 a day :-k

I think something like chicken chop suey and boiled rice as it's mostly veg.

I've had such a craving for Chinese fried rice since becoming pregnant, could eat it until I burst. Weirdly though I told my mum the other day and she wad exactly the same with my older sister. Must be a family thing :wacko:

I'd say a stir fried dish with ginger and spring onion. Probably chicken...that's low calorie, and then I would have extra stir fried veggies as a side?

On SW the noodle dishes are higher in syns than some of the sauce based dishes, probably cus they can be quite greasy as stirfried in fat (yet to come across one that isn't!) same with stir fried veg. I usually have chicken in black bean sauce and boiled rice.

When I was doing Weight Watchers I think chow mein, char sui (BBQ) pork and chop suey dishes were lower in points than most other things, if it's just a one off I wouldn't worry too much! Enjoy :winkwink:

Mushroom fooyung (sp?) was low in ww points when i did it a few years back.

King Prawn Chow Mein is 4.5 points on WW.

V xxx

I'd say something like chow mein perhaps.. Before I fell pregnant when I was trying to be healthy (Didn't work well though as I didn't give it the will power and fancied sweet and sour chicken too much!) chow mein was actually the best thing on there if you're trying to lose weight. x

Beef & black bean sauce is low in syns when i did sw x

Oh i could so eat a chinese now, but im on a diet too :cry:

Chicken and broccoli isn't bad at all. Neither is the beef and broccoli. I would just skip the rice they sometimes give you with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->