Healthy filling snacks?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I've had hyperemesis since 6 weeks pregnant, I'm now 10+3 and I'm starting to feel better (I don't know if it will last) but I need to eat ALL the time to keep the nausea away!? Today I've had 1.5 potato scones and a small bowl of cereal, then I just ate a mini trifle as I suddenly needed food and couldn't think of anything! I put on a lot if weight last pregnancy and it took me a lot of work to lose it afterwards. I don't want that to happen again but I'm remembering why it did!

I need some healthy, nausea friendly (so not too much prep, no strong smells and no meat) filling snacks to keep me going.

Hummus and carrots sticks I keep the mini packs in fridge , also small packs of nuts ( high in fat but a good fat just don't eat loads of them) ,
Have u tried rice cakes they nice a bit bland but u can get them
With various flavours ( sadly mine favourite are Marmite ones and they not as healthy)
Fruit is the obvious answer but I have satsumas etc in fridge for when I am really hungry
And popcorn the type u buy from health food shops pop in a pan with a little oil and a lid on , really low in fat
hope this helps hun

Grapes
Raisins
Apple wedges with nut butter
Oat cakes and hummus or cottage cheese
Bananas
Homemade healthy muffins (Google will bring up lots of recipes)
Cucumber and carrot sticks
Vegetable soup/minestrone
Homemade smoothie ice lollies
Fruit juice jelly (make your own with gelatine)

Some good suggestions here. I haven't got anything to add but will be stalking; I put on lots of weight with my last pregnancy as I had to keep eating all the time. I started feeling dizzy/nauseous 20 min after eating a banana so had to eat something else, it was ridiculous.

Flavoured multigrain croutons, with the occasional dip in whipped philadephia.

Low fat Greek yoghurt with a handful of berries and drizzle of honey.

Probiotic yoghurt.

Granola crunch, handful dry to keep nausea away.

Fruit. Zzz boring lol

Rice cakes with peanut butter

Idk if this will work for you, but I buy low-fat cottage cheese and portion it out on the weekends so I have some to eat all week. I was having a problem with always being hungry no matter what I ate, unless it was protein. So I chose a low fat protein. You could try that if it doesn't make you sick.

I love these ideas!! Made me hungry lol

I always snack on carb based foods...Goldfish and popcorn type things. It helps with nausea, esp the salt helps too I think. I'm also just craving salt tho lol

the baked green beans that pop like potato chips. Have you guys seen them? they come in a bag. they're basically dehydrated and baked green beans. They're amazing. To be honest... I doubt they're super healthy. lol. But better than ACTUAL potato chips, as they have a half decent amount of fiber and protein.

Also, I bake chickpeas, until they're super crispy and they pop like chips too. LOVE them, they actually ARE healthy, and they help me poop!

Plain, whole grain bread is a good one too.

Greek yogurt is GREAT, it's got a good amount of protein and will keep you full a while.

Instant oatmeal, and for extra yummy, sprinkle on a few mini chocolate chips and use almond milk (it's sweeter)

This is definitely a good thread.

I need to go buy more fruits....

No matter what I eat I feel nauseous like 20 mins later :(

With my 2nd babe my midwife suggested having protein throughout the day to keep things steady throughout. So I would have a bit of the carbs I wanted (crackers and such) and then add in some protein (cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.). It helped so much! The days I stuck mostly with carbs I felt so much crummier than when I kept adding protein. I'm starting to notice this time too that protein is helping again.

Almond flour cookies(homemade very good)
Grapes
Apples with almond butter
Homemade carrot muffins
Veggies & dip or hummus

It really depends what you can tolerate right now. This afternoon I had scrambled eggs, and then felt deathly ill after eating them. Never again. Ugh!
If all you can eat is toast or crackers than that's fine. If you can try to have some protein at each snack/meal. Or a healthy fat like avocado mashed on toast with tomatoes and sea salt.
Hang in there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->