Healthy heartbeat... healthy baby??

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Sorry me AGAIN. I have a question now if I can hear baby's heartbeat and it's a steady healthy 170ish does that mean my pregnancy is 100% OK? Do miscarriages only ever happen after a baby has passed or can u spontaneously miscarry a healthy fetus? Like I have cramping and since posting earlier I have some blood streaked cm but does babys heart pounding away mean it's nothing? I still get checked tomorrow but just worrying, usual xx

Hearing baby's heartbeat (at the right rate for how far along you are) is a great sign but it unfortunately doesn't mean you're in the clear for the pregnancy. It means your chance of miscarriage is lower. The 170ish rate is also a good sign, as that's a nice strong heartbeat. I seem to remember from your other post that you BD'd recently? That can cause both a bit of cramping and a bit of bleeding. Nothing to worry about, but good to get checked anyway. Try not to worry... all the signs are positive that baby's healthy and you're getting checked out tomorrow. A relaxed evening will do the baby much more good than high anxiety and worry. Try and distract yourself, take it easy and no BDing until you get the ok from the midwife. Xx

At 9w5d (assumed by your due date!), your chance of your pregnancy being viable is 98%. Your chance of viability, which is already really great, will raise to over 99% by 13 weeks along, so it steadily goes up a little bit every single day. You could miscarry a healthy fetus, but that's really, really rare. If your body decides to let go of the pregnancy, it is most likely because the fetus is NOT healthy enough to have a good quality of life on the outside, and it's trying to spare both of you a lot of pain and suffering (although that would be very difficult to go through no matter what). I have had blood-streaked CM and spotting during the first half of all of my subsequent pregnancies. It's scary, but I think once you've had a baby, your chances of spotting go up, and your chances of spotting goes up (and your chance of a healthy baby goes up) with each successful pregnancy. I am a worrier, but being on the outside of this situation, I can see it much more clearly than if I were in your shoes, and I find it pretty easy to tell you that you probably don't need to worry at this point. It's all common, and it's all right. Definitely avoid BDing until all bleeding/spotting has stopped, and then maybe avoid it for a little longer to let your sensitive cervix harden up a bit. I find that around 15 weeks, my cervix stops being so sensitive, so it can take a lot more abuse then - ha! But sex makes me bleed until that point, so I really don't have penetrative sex until I get to that point, and I definitely try to avoid having to push for BMs because that gets me bleeding, too.

Hearing the HB is a great sign but as above, it does not guarantee a pregnancy to term. There are lots of things they can go wrong all the way to birth, during and sadly afterwards. From your other posts, you seem really quite worried about everything post sex with you partner. Go and speak to a medical professional who can put your mind at rest and discuss all you worries with you. You can't spend the next 9 months worrying about every little thing. You will get cramps and weird pains, you will get weird discharge sometimes, you will find the oddest things happen to your body. My little one appears to be currently kicking the life out of my cervix area, it hurts like hell, it's so uncomfortable! Im sure I could worry its early labour if was that way inclined. but I know it's probably not. Just baby being awkward! 99% of the time, these things are nothing to worry about!

It is very, very rare to miscarry once a heartbeat is heard unless the heartbeat was relatively low compared to the week you would be at. 170 at 9/10 weeks is nice and strong! Although people do miscarry in later trimesters there is less than a 1% chance once you reach 20 weeks. I know, it sounds like forever to get there, but I'm sure everything is fine. Your doctor would have let you know by bloodwork or (if you had an early scan) if something was abnormal. I get cramping on and off everyday. Usually when I don't drink enough or exercise quite a bit that can set it off but you're also going to cramp from normal stretching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->