healthy tasty meals

mummylove

Reaction score
I am starting my diet from new year and i was wondering if anyone knows any tasty healthy meals. I get bored of eating the same food

I make

Shepard pie
spag bol
casseroles

Dont really know much more lol

So any help i would appropriate

Grilled chicken or fish with steamed or boiled veg. Vegetable stir fry with cous cous. Sushi. Scrambled egg with salmon are just a few delicious but reasonably healthy options.

I second fish boiled or grilled you can season with lemon and herbs, we have it with boiled pots and veg or rice and veg.

Your own chicken wraps, wholemeal tortillas with grilled chicken and whatever veg.

If you look on BBC Good food there's loads :)

Loads of salads (I'm creative), veggie soups, cooked greens in olive oil with coriander & pomegranate, green beans cooked with olive oil & peeled tomato. Oven baked veggies (eggplants, zucchini, mushrooms, root veggies, etc) with mixed herbs, veggie stirfry with soy sauce & sweet chili sauce served with brown rice/ whole grain pasta.

My diet is vegan 80% of the time

I use my slow cooker a lot and find that it is fab for healthy hearty meals :)

We are a fan of sausage casserole, if you buy sausages with a high meat content then they don't get as oily as richmond ones. I add a tin of baked beans, tin of chopped tomatoes, then veg such as mushroom, carrots, swede, parsnip etc and add some mixe herbs and cook for around 8 hours on low or 4 on high :)

Or a nice homemade soup such as pea and ham or a chicken and noodle soup with sweetcorn.

Liver?
Just a simple spoon of mustard or chilli flakes can completely change a dish to something yummy.
Dya have a slow cooker?
I make cowboy pie, essentially sausage meat n beans layered topped with potato n cheese.
Curry made with a spoon of thai curry paste and a can of coconut milk and squeeze of lime.
Fish pie.
Haddock with cheese crumb topping.
Cook a whole ham for Ham egg n chips. Slice when cold and use for sandwiches in the week for dh pack up.
Use also for carbonara.
Pesto pasta.
Lamb n pearl barley stew.
Risotto or paella.
Fish cakes, you can even make ones out of canned tuna.

Oh and add at least a third of your plate as veg so stir peas into carbonara etc etc.
Xx

We make big batches of vegetarian chili and stew. Cheap and easy but really yummy and can last for several meals. Great served with some cornbread or crusty bread!

mmm some of these sound lovely gonna give some of them a go. Thanks ladies

I use some of the Philadelphia recipes from their website / app. The tuna pasta bake and the chicken and butternut squash bake are lovely!

I'll be re-joining Slimming World next week (need to loose the xmas weight badly, I was a little pig!!) they have some good recipes on their website. I get sick of the same meals so will be also investing in a good cookery book soon, maybe the new Jamie Oliver one, must have a look at Amazon for ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->