Heard a heartbeat but I'm STILL worried!(Bleeding)

D

DoveBlossom

I have been having brown spotting all day for the past week along with a couple streaks of red blood on the second day of bleeding. I went in for an emergency scan and they said heartbeat was 163 and I was measuring 8 weeks. That was two days ago and I am still having brown bleeding with sharp pains. Any of you ladies been through this? I am super happy about this pregnancy but I just keep having this bad feeling about something.:nope:

I had brown spotting for 3-4 wks that just quit 1 1/2 wks ago. I also had some red bleeding and blood clots a few times that scared me to death! But so far all is well and it can be normal to spot at some point during the pregnancy or throughout your entire pregnancy and no problems with the baby. Try to keep calm and be on pelvic rest until it goes away!:flower:

Did they tell you why you were bleeding in the ER? I mean, could they see if the blood was in the uterus or not?

Some doctors would tell you that the cervix is extremely sensitive during pregnancy and if you dtd you may spot or bleed. My new doctor told me if this would ever be the case, it would have no effects on the pregnancy itself, other than just being scary/worrying to find.

However, in my case I had a few bleeding spells throughout my pregnancy so far. Ie, 3 times. They were all caused by a subchrionic hemmorage. They always tell you to rest and take it easy if you bleed. I've been placed on bed rest & pelvic rest for at least 10 days every time I've bled. But so far things have been fine otherwise, LO's growth and movements have not been affected at all by the episodes.

It is important to get it checked out every time you bleed. Have them also explain why you're bleeding and what it means. It can help alleviate your worries.

I had the same in my first pregnancy and had an emergency scan, it was an implantation bruise and slowly stopped over a couple of weeks. Don't worry x

Unfortunately we haven't had sex in 2 weeks because of the horrible nausea I had. So it's not that. But the doctor didn't tell me anything. He just said he didn't know, that spotting is normal or I could be miscarrying. He seemed a little mean about it and didn't explain much.

I've had the same - started with small amounts of brown blood and went to lots of red blood - we too had a scan at 8 weeks and saw a heartbeat. The doctor told me I had a little pocket of blood away from the baby that was causing the bleeding and now it's not red blood anymore it will probably stay as brown for a while before stopping. The doctor said it all seemed normal and to try not to worry not easy after a mc earlier this year. Hopefully yours is just the same, fingers crossed for you x x

I'm going through the same thing at the moment (9+4). Turns out the placenta is slightly abrupted (not sure if there is a SCH, as the doctor didn't mention this). I'm on bed rest and I'm taking progesterone pills. Today is day 3 of this and I now only have brown spotting when I wipe (i.e. no fresh blood). Apparently this is good. I've had 3 scans in the last 4 days and the baby is growing every day and the heart beat is strong.

How nervewracking. >_<

Do you have another appt scheduled? Did the doc tell you anything to watch out for, such as when you should call back if it continues? Try to keep positive, there are so many normal reasons you could be spotting and to have heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks is a really good sign things will be ok. :hugs:

My mom had a bleed in late first trimester in her last pregnancy... and they couldn't see anything in her uterus that was causing it, and all they could say was that the baby was growing fine and good strong heartbeat. He is now 12 and as tall as I am!

Stay positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->