Heard a new name today - thoughts

nicb26

Reaction score
We are ttc no 2 and I'm already thinking of names! I took my mum for lunch today and our waitresses name was Ellys.

I just thought it would be a really cute little girls name. What do u think ? X

Is it said Ellis or Eleese? Pretty either way x

I like Ellys, it's pretty :flower:

My only concern would be that people might confuse it with Ellis, a boy's name. Depends on how it's pronounced though?

It's pronounced Ellis. I think because the waitress was quite pretty and girly, the boy thing didn't cross my mind, but you're right, it could get confused with a boys name, although I've always thought Ellis/Elliot sounds feminine because it sounds like ellie! X

To me it's pronounced Ellis and to me that's a boys name I'm afraid but it might be one of those names that you can use either way, like to me I've only ever known male Taylor's so to me it's a boys name but could be either and if you knew only a female Taylor you'd find a male one strange.. iykwim, prob not lol :)

Yes I also think Ellis is more feminine sounding, I didn't realise Ellis was a boy's name until I met an Ellis! But I've never known a female Ellis so to me it now is a boy's name.

I do think however that just one letter different can make a massive difference in a name. Ellys is very pretty, I guess you'd just have to decide how important the similarity to the male name is.

Oh I've just remembered I once looked after an 'Elise', slightly different emphasise on the pronunciation and definately girly.

Ellys is cute! I had no idea the other spelling "Ellis" was a boy's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->