Heard baby's HB today :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by gina8177, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gina8177

gina8177 Married with 1 baby boy

I was starting to get a little nervous that we were telling everyone at Xmas. I was worried that things would happen since our last scan and then we would get bad news at our scan after Xmas.

So I whipped out the doppler today and found baby's HB. :) It was awesome, nice and fast at around 175 bpm. I'm feeling a lot better about everyone finding out in 5 days. :flower:

2. jbrocksmith

jbrocksmith Well-Known Member

yayyy that's great!! :)

3. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

Brill news!! X

4. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

That's awesome! I've been debating buying a doppler...how early can you hear the heartbeat?

5. gina8177

I think that people hear as early as 7 weeks but I didn't really want to try earlier. I'm 9w3d and I found it within a few minutes and could definitely see it was the baby's.

My recommendation is that you make sure to get one with a digital display which shows the bpm. If I had to go off of hearing alone I don't think I'd have a clue. But with the display I can see if the noise is nothing, my heart or the baby's.

6. kmac625

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/0/9/8/0/5/webimg/311871791_o.jpg?nc=912

This is the one I'm going to buy, if I buy one (who am I kidding, it's just a matter of time before I cave and buy it lol). By the time I'd receive it in the mail I'd be at least 9w along so thinking I'd be able to hear bean's heartbeat by then. For some reason in the digital display in the picture it says 2 mHz but in the ad it says it's a 3 mHz doppler which I know is more sensitive.

7. gina8177

The one I'm renting is 3 mhz! It's very exciting! My biggest advice is that when you look for the HB you have to move it very, very slowly.

Good luck! Looks like it has what you need on a doppler! :)

8. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

when i was 6 weeks 4 days i could hear the babys heartbeat :)

9. kmac625

Heeheehee...I couldn't wait any longer lol...I just ordered my doppler on ebay. I'll probably get it next week due to Christmas. I can't wait!

10. Tashry

Tashry Mommy to Ryder and Knox

Congrats! So exciting! I heard my little one's about 3 weeks ago at my prenatal appointment and was so excited! I'm far too obsessive to have a doppler at home though. It would be nice, but I know it would do me more harm than good.

11. Janidog

Janidog Well-Known Member

Mine has a heartbeat of 164bpm and its so good to listen too, and it puts your mind at ease